Survey: Kegs From U.s.

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recieved my 4 kegs yesterday, all were holding pressure, however two were in pretty bad condition with many dints in the top and bottom, and one has a dinted post which won't allow the disconnect to attach :(

Also ordered 4 paris of disconnects and only recieved two, have emailed Matt about this now just waiting a reply.

Received my other box of stuff today (about 3 weeks after other box).

My advice to others waiting on their gear from the states - hang out the full 12 weeks and it should come :)

Second lot of kegs arrived posted 21/12/05 no dents and all extras as ordered

Cheers Matt

Richard

Four kegs arrived today all holding pressure, two with dings one minor the other; well I can live with it :ph34r: :(
Took 94 days (13 weeks 3 days) from order to delivery.
From ordering it took 16 days for order to be processed and posted. The rest of the time was spent en-route.
Although it took 16 days for the kegs to be posted, the Customs declaration was not emailed until 38 days from ordering. I don't think this is normal as Matt was in China around this time so it was not sent out until he returned to the States.
For the price ($119.50USD) landed here IMHO this is a great service, it's just a bummer having to wait so long.
Well don Matt :super: :beerbang:

Chilled

Waiting, waiting.....
Ordered in November - I think the boat must have sunk! :angry:

mchitiea said:
TO all:
PLEASE, We are trying to use this one thread as (sort of) a feedback thread to monitor OUR performance and for prospective purchasers (& those PATIENTLY waiting for their kegs to arrive) to have a better idea as what to expect.

Please post here ONLY after you have recieved your kegs, to state;
1. Transit time, 2. Overall Condition

Thank you, Matt.

PS: We receive 50 to 120 emails A DAY concerning, not only kegs, but of liquidating Pepsi's used equipment from all of their plants in N. Ca. and N. NV.

The EASIEST and FASTEST way to order kegs is through ebay, using PayPal. It is safer & faster for you, online records are kept (ebay & paypal) and our processing of those orders is pretty much fully automated. Remember: If you are ordering just kegs and "keg parts", use ebay. If you are (also) ordering brewing related PARTS, use our retail website @ www.brewersdiscount.com I hope this helps.
Rowan, just got your emails,...invoice be a 'comin.

PIC: 720 Soda Vending machines we exported to the Middle East. IGNORANT, UNEDUCATED "individuals" just love blowing them up over there...they see Coke/Pepsi and they think they are helping to hurt the U.S., when in actuality they are just hurting a fellow Muslim guy, trying to make a living like the rest of us...! (Imagine having 200 to 600 aluminum schrapnel bombs coming at you at a couple of hundred miles per hour !)
[post="51538"][/post]​

I have been purchasing kegs through Matt since late November last year, for myself, and other homebrewers who do not have an e-bay account and have so far been more than satisfied. Approximatley 4 seperate orders totalling about 36 kegs. Yes the communication is a pitta but as he has stated they receive a s*#@t load of e-mails per day. On average from as little as 7 weeks to 11. My biggest order of 20 started arriving in 7 weeks and the last in 11 weeks. Try and work that one out. All paid by paypal. My latest one I have gone direct by credit card, see how we go. As others have stated on this thread go pay up to $100 if you are in a hurry. Just as a matter of interest where do the HBS buy there kegs??? I just heard a knock at the door, could be my latest order.
Cheers BYB (ebay ah65.sold) :party: :D :beer:

mchitiea said:
TO all:
Please post here ONLY after you have recieved your kegs, to state;
1. Transit time, 2. Overall Condition[/size][/b][/color]

No can do, as my last order never arrived :(

Ok, it wasn't kegs, it was parts, but I don't care, I'm posting it here anyway.

First the order wasn't processed for weeks upon weeks (but my VISA card was debited for the purchase).

Then it never arrived.

Then, the wrong parts were sent.

Then, the correct parts "were sent"...they never arrived.

Then, Matt told me to ring his on-site guy as he was in China...no answer, I left a page...no reply.

Then, I emailed Matt...no reply.

Then, I emailed Matt...no reply.

Then, after a few more emails without reply............I gave up :(

PZ.

*EDIT* - I omitted to add that the initial order was made around December last year! :angry:

I've still got an order in their system from November for 4 kegs that has not yet emerged.

My email to them hasn't been answered either. *sigh*

The first delivery of kegs came in perfectly, after about 8 weeks.

Matt, if you're out there send me a PM - I'm feeling unloved ;)

AndyD

Don't know if this helps anyone anywhere, but I'm getting 18L Coke Non reco kegs for $65 but because they're pin lock valves, the supplier is throwing in a set of Brand new clip on valves for free. Basically a reconditioned keg save for the 'O' ring and release valve, but if it holds pressure who needs it!

I got 6 myself for aparty, all held pressure, no dings, excellent.... :D

Let me know if any of you want them, in sydney but will be able to Post Aust Wide. Next Day

hope that helps

16 kegs (not all for me) ordered from BD at the end of Jan 06. First box arrived 2 weeks ago. The last today. All in very good condition and holding pressure. I know BD have been under fire here recently (seemingly for good reason), but I am very happy with the product and service.

Goossey

I got my 4 kegs today, all holding pressure, 3 with minor dents. Overall time was about 10 weeks since i ordered em. Dents don't worry me too much, just gotta clean em up and fill em :)

Received three kegs a week ago and it took a total of 11 weeks. All have a few dents in them and all were holding pressure. They threw in a set of seals as well, is this normal..

Matt

Recived my 4 kegs and all bits and peices today, was shipped 24/3/2006

Mine Arrived 5/6/06 and were dispatched 24/3/06
Spares taped to 1 keg
1 keg not holding pressure
Box Damaged

Cheers JNR

Finally after what seemed a year and then some my kegs have finally arrived. All in good condition for what I paid. Sent the order through around late June, sent 25/07/06 and arrived today. Big gap between order and sending due to July 4 celebrations I think. All seem to have held there gas which is of course a bonus. I have attached a pic for all to drool over :p

new_kegs.JPG

Cheers

HK

sweet. I ordered mine on 4th aug so if it takes the same time as yours I should get mine late next week. Shit I need a deep freeze

G'day Brewers,
Is it worth getting kegs through Matt in the States (is it saving much money?) How much are the kegs costing incl. delivery. thanks

Pointy

Can't find any ebay listing for usedequip.

Did everyone order the $16.50 cleaned kegs; or the $26.50 rebuilt kegs.
How much was postage to Aust.
How did you place you orders, ebay OR the site http://www.brewersdiscount.com/ OR via email to the people, did you get a final quote?

Thanks in advance

Kev

Hi All,
-It has been a hectic 2 months... A 4 week China trip, 5 days in Dnever and 4 days in San Diego........
-I don't think Terry of C&C/Brewers Discount ( www.brewersdiscount.com) is doing anything more with kegs or bev equipment. Back in March (with out telling me) he move to the east coast. Since that time I have received emails stating that he is not answering emails or placing orders.

-RE: Rebuilt kegs: Just order them directly from us or go to our ebay site. Order the parts and rebuild yourself...it takes 15 minutes!

-We will VERY SHORTLY be placing A LOT MORE BEVERAGE PARTS / EQUIPMENT on our ebay page. We spent 2 days at our supplier of NEW parts taking pictures of EVERYTHING in their warehouse.

Thanks,
Matt Chitiea
Ebay ID: Usedequip

<B>DIRECT EMAIL IS BEST FOR ORDERS, QUESTIONS, ETC, ETC. : [email protected]</B>

Kev,

The ones I ordered cost $45 delivered. Thankls again to Matt. I was in the process of writting a reply about how to order them and Matt himself answered.

Cheers

HK

Latest posts

Back