Support Your Local Homebrew Shop !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now here is a great case of complacency or double standards, because I am strictly an online shop a company called Brewcellar in QLD forbids me to buy their products such as Coopers products and dry yeast range etc basically any product they have is not available to me or my customers through me. I complained to Coopers they directed me to Brewcellar , then F all has happened (18 months). Its hard enough doing business with out being Black Banned for being an online shop yet a shop front HBS with a web site is OK :blink: . Looks like Fair Trading is not what it should be.
GB

I hear ya GB. Who is Brewcellar? some sort of wholesaler cum middleman? Do they have a website? If they do, its hard to find.

Why is it banned ? Every HBS in Australia I thought had coopers products?

If thats the case, Coopers is so full of mud and estery its not worth drinking!

edit, reread then reread then shook my head. Iam guessing under your guise GB we could all be selling Coopers via ebay?

I'm going to make the assumption it is that a website only store has more options to potentially undercut a neighbouring brew shop as they don't have the overheads and restrictions a shop with a front has. A similar thing when I was working in it happened to me but the options there are much more vast as far as suppliers. I'm guessing in homebrewing set suppliers are around and wouldn't be a hugely competitive supply industry. Sure there is a disclaimer or contract to tie it all up but sounds like a monopoly to me...I smell a greedy beer dreenched rat!

I hear ya GB. Who is Brewcellar? some sort of wholesaler cum middleman? Do they have a website? If they do, its hard to find.

Why is it banned ? Every HBS in Australia I thought had coopers products?

If thats the case, Coopers is so full of mud and estery its not worth drinking!

edit, reread then reread then shook my head. Iam guessing under your guise GB we could all be selling Coopers via ebay?
This is the mob HERE.They are a Australia wide distributor for many products,apparently Coopers doesn't sell their own products direct. My point is I like to make extract starters (time saver) and not all my customers (walk in's) are all grain, so to get some Coopers etc they have to go down the road or to the supermarket. Why not pick it up while they are here getting hops and such ?
GB

I tried to set up an account with Keg King, told em I was online only and got the big no as there brick and mortar shops can't compete.

This is the mob HERE.They are a Australia wide distributor for many products,apparently Coopers doesn't sell their own products direct. My point is I like to make extract starters (time saver) and not all my customers (walk in's) are all grain, so to get some Coopers etc they have to go down the road or to the supermarket. Why not pick it up while they are here getting hops and such ?
GB

Why not offer them LDME? What do Coopers offer that other's don't?

Big Nath- what i meant was that they have this seasons flower hops which means that they have harvested them. Which means they will be processed into pellet hops soon for us to buy and use to make delicious beer. I wouldn't buy flowers, pretty sure that ordering in flowers isn't cool at all with aqis.

yeah sorry mate. Didn't read the post that i even quoted you on properly. Stupid me!!!

note to self - wakey wakey, have a coffee, rub eyes before posting and quoting.

My LHBS in Mackay was a good place to get started into K&K but that was about all. They are more interested in selling merchandise than any HB related products. No liquid yeast, maybe two types of dried yeast, small range of unhopped extract (which is $13.40 a can last time I checked) and hops apparently come in tea bags.

I also had to check every use by date on yeast and tins.

These types of establishments serve a purpose when you are a beginner and don't know any different. Now I know that they are only there for beginners.

Needless to say I didn't support them when buying taps and kegs. Ross spent 25 minutes on the phone to me when I bought the taps and kegs. Now I am buying most of my ingredients from CB (costs me a bit in postage) however I am also taking advantage of the cheap hops while they are available too.

Ok, I've had my whinge about my local now. I feel a little better.

Dave's survived OK without one.

I tried to build a site for him in wordpress, its shite and i cant do any better. im always in daves ear about online orders, unfortuantly he cant afford a wizz bang website. If any kind AHB'er is up for building him a site gratious, give him a bell or whatever, im sure he would chop you out a brew or two in return.

Fents, great job on the web site, simple is better than none, if you didn't i wouldn't have found him.

Cheers Mate :beerbang:

Fents, great job on the web site, simple is better than none, if you didn't i wouldn't have found him.

Cheers Mate :beerbang:

You come from bloody Heidelberg. How could you not find Dave?

You come from bloody Heidelberg. How could you not find Dave?

the minister of war and finance had the Internet filter on (threatened to pee in it) :icon_drunk:
She is a cunning adversary but the brew within me was strong!!

the minister of war and finance had the Internet filter on (threatened to pee in it) :icon_drunk:
She is a cunning adversary but the brew within me was strong!!

:lol: :lol:

restrictive trade practice..i would be looking at.. :icon_offtopic: can you sell morgans
No I can not sell any of their products because I can not deal with them.Sewn up tighter than a fish's arse. They obviously have heard of my selling power and dont want me to close a hundred Brewceller stores Australia wide. :lol:
GB

No my friend - kegs are for those who have the shits with washing bottles, or those who want the wow factor of pouring a beer like a pub.

Meetings are for alcoholics! :icon_drunk:

Like. :beerbang:

So to summise - buy good products from good retailers at a good price. If that is your local then you can feel like you are doing something good. If your local is sheizen, then pray for their closure and get your goods somewhere else.

Sounds exactly like the way I shop for most other products. If I can find something close by that offers value for money (doesn't have to be cheap - value just reflected in quality), I'll shop there. If not, I'll shop elsewhere. It seems like a lot of pages just for that point but I guess we all need to vent sometimes.

Kegging is for anyone who washes bottles and will be gobsmacked by their next obscene water bill from the Anna B-lie approved rip off water suppliers in Queensland while the dams are ******* FULL

oops was that off topic? :unsure:

Anyone been to the lhbs in Launceston? Do check it out if in town. It's a cultural excursion to say the least.
Hmmm not good is it. You get better help from the monkeys in the Launie Park
Cheers
Chris

Back