Support Your Local Homebrew Shop !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been there done that. They the ACCC hasn't had a conviction in six years, that's as long as the law has been in place.
GB

I'm not sure it's their task to "convict". They impose fines - quite a lot. A couple of homebrew shops not being sold some cans of goo ... probably not worth them giving a shit. If your name is Rio Tinto or BHP they might.

Not an ACCC concern or a media story at all. Any wholesaler can sell/not sell to whoever he likes/dislikes. That's the way it's always been & it's not likely to change, nor should it IMO.

What we have to work at is persuading said wholesalers to stop supporting lame ducks in preference to companies that can promote & increase their sales.

cheers Ross

wonder if the media would like a story...about this deal
Possibly if we organised a email petition and every body sent an email to these people at Brewcellar they may change there minds ? Could be a united push. Lots of noise ! Not sure if Ross would be in agreement with this idea but we are both in the same boat, trying to supply the customers with all the choices.
GB

Possibly if we organised a email petition and every body sent an email to these people at Brewcellar they may change there minds ? Could be a united push. Lots of noise ! Not sure if Ross would be in agreement with this idea but we are both in the same boat, trying to supply the customers with all the choices.
GB

Let me get this straight. You want your customers (who can buy this stuff direct online anyway), to fight for your right to sell them a product so you can make a profit?

I do believe I've heard it all.

Let me get this straight. You want your customers (who can buy this stuff direct online anyway), to fight for your right to sell them a product so you can make a profit?

Gryphon is pretty much my local. Would I fight for him to be able to have a bigger range? Of course I would. Where can I buy online cans of Coopers that will be cheaper than getting them from my LHBS? Hops is entirely different - lighter, and more able to be posted.

where can you buy coopers cans ...wesfarmers has stopped stocking Coopers..People forget its a freedom of choice

Where can I buy online cans of Coopers that will be cheaper than getting them from my LHBS?

I can buy 12, 1.5kg cans of Coopers Malt Extract for $8.95 each on their website (without the member's discount).

Freight from Adelaide to Queensland costs $60.

$13.30 each, or about what your LHBS sells them for, 'cept you don't even have to get in your car, someone delivers them to your brewery.

Now, if you wanted to buy LDME ... it'd be way cheaper. If you lived nearer to Adelaide, it'd be cheaper than your LHBS.

The member's discount would reduce this by 10% I think. I'm not a member.

It's 2010 - you've got the Interweb ... why not use it?

Nick as usual you are being a complete dick, I would not expect you to help any one other than yourself. :lol:
GB

i like how he added the smiley face. Means you can't get insulted.

Nick as usual you are being a complete dick, I would not expect you to help any one other than yourself. :lol:
GB

Can I be bothered retailer-ating? No.

I'm happy with the amount of help I've given on this site and I don't have a horse in this race. My help has been non-profit.

Can I be bothered retailer-ating? No.

I'm happy with the amount of help I've given on this site and I don't have a horse in this race. My help has been non-profit.
Delete amount of your "help" and replace with bull shit and you are on the money. Back under your rock dip shit. :eek: Bring it on GIRLS.
GB

Shit do all you dicks hang together ? <_< (insult just in case you havent the brains to work it out)
Gb
Well, i wasn't having a go, or taking sides. Just commenting on the fact how people do that and it doesn't really make sense.
Thanks for the insult.

Delete amount of your "help" and replace with bull shit and you are on the money. Back under your rock dip shit. :eek: Bring it on GIRLS.
GB

I'm happy with the amount of bullshit I've given on this site and I don't have a horse in this race. My bullshit has been non-profit.

That's better.

I'm happy with the amount of bullshit I've given on this site and I don't have a horse in this race. My bullshit has been non-profit.

That's better.
Yes much better and much more correct.You may have noticed I dont have much to do tonight in the way of low class (you) entertainment. :lol:
GB

Back