Support Your Local Homebrew Shop !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't know if anyone has used the Burliegh store??? :) :) ;) ;( :(

Personally I reckon a lot of Nicks posts are quite funny & entertaining sometimes, especially when him & Bum end up posting in the same thread. That's AHB's greatest hits territory.

As far as any monopoly/duopoly/whateveropoly that exists in the HB wholesale market. Is this deal a recent deal or was it in place when you opened? Surely you had a business plan before you started & knew risks & dangers with opening a business which (as has been previously pointed out in this thread) is a niche market.

<insert emoticon that says I'm not trying to piss anyone off>

Not me dude... Been to ibrew & a couple of others. I buy most of my stuff from CB

Personally I reckon a lot of Nicks posts are quite funny & entertaining sometimes, especially when him & Bum end up posting in the same thread. That's AHB's greatest hits territory.

As far as any monopoly/duopoly/whateveropoly that exists in the HB wholesale market. Is this deal a recent deal or was it in place when you opened? Surely you had a business plan before you started & knew risks & dangers with opening a business which (as has been previously pointed out in this thread) is a niche market.

<insert emoticon that says I'm not trying to piss anyone off>
I agree just because Nick has a different point of view doesnt make him not funny. I like the banter. Business plan , yes to stay in business and provide goods at great prices.
GB

My local HBS is about 800k's away, but the closest with AG supplies is around 2500k's from home. An order generally takes between 10-14 days to arrive, thanks to our wonderful postal service. If I miss something on my order, stiff shit, I have to wait till next time.
I envy those who can just stop by and have an intellegent conversation with their supplier. But this place makes up for that, if you aren't bad at wading......

Regards

This sounds like a job for Bob Katter!!

Organise LHBS for all of FNQ - hopefully that was one of you list of 20 ;)

In addition to the NBN, the FNQLHBSN

Get onto it Bob! :lol:

Don't forget GHBQ and KLMTY also JYRS is good and lets not forget MEOHQ!!!

us 'sleepy' WA'ins are still awake cause we are now 3 hours behind...we are like a big country town and I like that about Perth!

Unfortunately have no funny posts or insults to add to this wonderful support thread.

Tee hee hee. Look at my other post, I am stirring it up!!!

It's just a poke at all the people on here that use acronyms. I don't understand all of them so I just made some up. It's like ok LHBS stands for Local Home Brew Shop, but what is all these other things stand for? I am just in the mood for stirring up shite. Please forgive me, I don't do it often. I think it's called trolling.

It's just a poke at all the people on here that use acronyms. I don't understand all of them so I just made some up. It's like ok LHBS stands for Local Home Brew Shop, but what is all these other things stand for? I am just in the mood for stirring up shite. Please forgive me, I don't do it often. I think it's called trolling.
Trolling dont you need lures for that ? I have caught a few here with those. Good bites but not much fight. Bah Ha
Off to fill the glass.
GB

geez you vic brewers fire up about **** all and nothing. All this crap about who has cheaper cans of goop? have a homebrew and relax you pricks. Ain't that wat we r here for? *guy with the right idea smily face*

@fasty73 haven't used the burliegh LHBS get most of my stuff through craftbrewer and brewers choise at enoggera, CB is your best bet though on price. Are ypu coming to the qld case swap?

geez you vic brewers fire up about **** all and nothing. All this crap about who has cheaper cans of goop? have a homebrew and relax you pricks. Ain't that wat we r here for? *guy with the right idea smily face*

@fasty73 haven't used the burliegh LHBS get most of my stuff through craftbrewer and brewers choise at enoggera, CB is your best bet though on price. Are ypu coming to the qld case swap?
You're not bloody wrong cobber :beerbang: This argument has been going on since the mid 90's,when it was about supermarkets getting bulk discounts that lhbs's couldn't,and selling a can of goo for $2 cheaper than them.Good hb shops derserve support,shit shops deserve to perish :chug:I'm waiting for someone to post a thread boasting about how much money they save by reusing bloody bottlecaps! As a wise man once said"Relax,don't worry,etc" :beer:

GB - Big Bubble have all the hopped extract range. They also have sacks of LDME, spray dried and the rest. All the dried malt is weighed and packaged in their own stuff. Hops, yeast and other bits all with the big brewcraft logo on it.

I would have got the dried malt from you if you stocked it, as it would have saved the time getting the grain and hops from you and the extract from them.

Back