Quantcast

Supercheap

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

deadly

Reaction score
Hi
There was a post about compressed air regs from an auto shop that I cant seem to find.. so what I want to know is can it be connected straight to a sodastream cylinder for a party keg to despense,or does it need to go inline
Thanks

sosman

beerling
Reaction score
My understanding is that CO2 is stored at significantly higher pressures than you get with an air compressor so there may be a safety issue.

deadly

Reaction score
Yep thats it thanks - looks like they're inline after the main one, but im just after a cheap n small dispensing reg and thought maybe a compressed air one would do the trick

Vlad the Pale Aler

Cereal Killer
Reaction score
Deadly -

Try Ultimate air in Osborne Park, they have single gauge secondhand regs, pot luck on pricing and choice though.

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Reaction score
Deadly: If you want one, I'm working for supercheap for 9 more days, which is plenty long enough to abuse the 25% staff discount card. :ph34r:

ausdb

Copper kettles don't kill people....
Reaction score
barfridge said:
Deadly: If you want one, I'm working for supercheap for 9 more days, which is plenty long enough to abuse the 25% staff discount card. :ph34r:
[post="82430"][/post]​
Bar make sure you buy a heap of those white 20L buckets, good for grain storage and impromptu fermenters!

Wortgames

'Draught' is not a beer style - it's a lifestyle
Reaction score
>bump<

Just wondering if anyone still has these regs in active service?

My concern is they might be prone to leaking (being totally airtight probably wouldn't be a major requirement for a cheap comressed air reg).

Tony M

Reaction score
I tried the one in the foto which I presume is the size you are talking about. I put it on a sodastream bottle and it worked beaut for about two days then blew the little O ring located behind the cap (on the bottom in foto) thus scaring the living daylights from everyone in the house and instantly emptying the gas. I replaced the O ring hoping that was faulty but it did it again a few days later.
I guess when they say Max 120psi they dont really mean 800psi.

air_reg.jpg

Wortgames

'Draught' is not a beer style - it's a lifestyle
Reaction score
Wow, you're a brave man. No, if I was going to use it at all it would be after a normal reg, just as a cheap way to provide different serving pressures, but I'm a bit concerned that they might be leaky (or even oily...)