Supercheap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadly

Reaction score
Hi
There was a post about compressed air regs from an auto shop that I cant seem to find.. so what I want to know is can it be connected straight to a sodastream cylinder for a party keg to despense,or does it need to go inline
Thanks

My understanding is that CO2 is stored at significantly higher pressures than you get with an air compressor so there may be a safety issue.

Yep thats it thanks - looks like they're inline after the main one, but im just after a cheap n small dispensing reg and thought maybe a compressed air one would do the trick

Deadly -

Try Ultimate air in Osborne Park, they have single gauge secondhand regs, pot luck on pricing and choice though.

Deadly: If you want one, I'm working for supercheap for 9 more days, which is plenty long enough to abuse the 25% staff discount card. :ph34r:

barfridge said:
Deadly: If you want one, I'm working for supercheap for 9 more days, which is plenty long enough to abuse the 25% staff discount card. :ph34r:
[post="82430"][/post]​

Bar make sure you buy a heap of those white 20L buckets, good for grain storage and impromptu fermenters!

>bump<

Just wondering if anyone still has these regs in active service?

My concern is they might be prone to leaking (being totally airtight probably wouldn't be a major requirement for a cheap comressed air reg).

I tried the one in the foto which I presume is the size you are talking about. I put it on a sodastream bottle and it worked beaut for about two days then blew the little O ring located behind the cap (on the bottom in foto) thus scaring the living daylights from everyone in the house and instantly emptying the gas. I replaced the O ring hoping that was faulty but it did it again a few days later.
I guess when they say Max 120psi they dont really mean 800psi.

air_reg.jpg

Wow, you're a brave man. No, if I was going to use it at all it would be after a normal reg, just as a cheap way to provide different serving pressures, but I'm a bit concerned that they might be leaky (or even oily...)

Back