• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Super Quick Cider

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

misfit

Reaction score
I know the true cider people will say this is not good,but it is!!!!!!!!!
I have been useing:18 lts of woolworth apple juice
11.5 grams of us-05 yeast
and that is it,og is1.040 2days later the sg is 1.013 which give you a abv of 3.5%
I cold crash for 1 day,then bottle and leave at room temp for 16 hours then back in the fridge(you could pasturise(spelling is fun) now if you will have them for a bit but they do not last long enough here to worry)
This give you a clean crisp cider that I must say is very good & if you like a higher abv% just leave it 1 or 2 more days until you reach1.000 which will be 6%+
Let me know how you go if you try this.
CHEERS guys

pk.sax

RIP bum
Reaction score
mate, a hot day will send your 3.5% cider bottles into ww2 territory. I'm a fan of quick n dirty cider but I also do not pressurise them in glass, keep it under very low pressure and in the fridge in 2-3 Ltr batches.

misfit

Reaction score
I agree for the most part.
But 1 option is to keep them in a temp controled fridge as I do or pasteurize them.
Do some research on stove top pasteurizing it will kill all yeast at any stage and make your bottles safe.
But just to be safe I do use plastic pet bottles.
thanks for your responce.
Cheers mate

Latest posts