Super Aroma - Hop Shots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should try and market this shit to hipsters with a 7000% markup. "Make any beer worthy of a lumbersexual like yourself, you hairy top-knotted fellow you".

Government funded exchange program across the country and every licenced venue becomes the new wave of injecting rooms

Just reading Moshers 'Radical Brewing' and laughed when I read the line
'the ultimate in hop processing results in fractionally distilled hop aroma components, which are useful for taking to the ballpark and dumping in your yellow beer, but precious little else'

I think you've proved him wrong ;)

perhaps these products were less refined at the time of the writing of the book.. if thats the case, theyve certainly come a long way.

the other 3 have been ordered and should be here just after new years or just before, not sure yet.

(Nelson, Motueka and Mosaic)

:icon_drool2:

Maybe a silly question, but to use dispenser tips do you pull out the caps that are in the syringes? They look like they have springs in them, but I have no idea why!

Yob said:
we were doing this to the Hawkers IPA yesterday which we found lacking a bit of oomph up front...

problem solved

attachicon.gif
Hop Shots.jpg
Addicts!!! :)

Edit: ******* junkies!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450956167.460530.jpg

Ok, so I kegged a DSGA with mosaic & simcoe a couple of days ago and added one ml each of the geronimo & the citralicious - it's still carbing up, but early signs are promising. It's not going to knock anyone's socks off, but it's certainly making the hops "pop". If you do want your socks knocked off, maybe go a bit more than 2ml per keg, but it's a pretty good starting point.

Edit: kegged, not legged

Dont you just love early morning deliveries :kooi:

While Im awaiting packaging, Ive got some smaller ones to play with..

A Weissbier Hop Shot "A blend of hop and natural extracts combined to provide a classic wheat beer style"
A summer ale Hop Shott "Lime blended with hop fractions to give the perfect flavour for summer"
Spicy Hop SHot "spicy, grassy and woody notes. Also adds body and improves mouthfeel"
IPA Hop Shot "Gives an IPA hopped beer a serious boost"
Uncle Sam Hop Shot "That unmistakable citrus and geraniol style"
WildCard Hop Shot

I also have some extract of Raspberry, Blueberry and Chocolate.

all of the above should be available in 3ml 'sample' syringes, in fact...

Im going to put one of each up for free for anyone willing to trial and post results,

will post a link when Ive set it up, but I'll probably put on DOTD page.

Yob, I'll try out the Weissbeer and Uncle Sam if you like and even the Blueberry. Will be putting through an order today anyway :)

Just throw in what you want, don't want to be greedy and I'll brew something to suit and report back. Got anything in that isn't listed/split on the page as yet?

yep, Ive got the Nelson, Motueka and Mosaic hop shots to split as well as a few packs of pellets. Ive not yet got the packaging for the Hop Shots and the pellets will have to wait

Would love to try the spicy hop shot!! Will be putting an order through for myself soon for hops and some of the shots, will stay on standby until spicy is ready, sounds amazing!

Back