Super Aroma - Hop Shots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mckenry said:
Love to try the IPA hop shot!

slcmorro said:
Yob, I'll try out the Weissbeer and Uncle Sam if you like and even the Blueberry. Will be putting through an order today anyway :)

Just throw in what you want, don't want to be greedy and I'll brew something to suit and report back. Got anything in that isn't listed/split on the page as yet?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Would love to try the spicy hop shot!! Will be putting an order through for myself soon for hops and some of the shots, will stay on standby until spicy is ready, sounds amazing!
jump in lads

LINKY

Hey mate just went to put order through and it looks like Citra all gone? :'-(

Yob

Can these be used to dry hop in primary as a replacement for pellets?

You can wait till packaging and go right into the keg or when you bulk prime.. I'd be waiting as long as possible if adding to primary

I'll give the raspberry extract a test for you.
I'm sick off drinking that fairly ordinary wheat beer.
I'll turn it into a raspberry wheat for the girls.

GrumpyPaul said:
I'll give the raspberry extract a test for you.
I'm sick off drinking that fairly ordinary wheat beer.
I'll turn it into a raspberry wheat for the girls.
thats a perfect test.. how much of the keg is left? I'll make you up a 3ml sample and you can have a play.. Swing by if you like, I should be about

Cheers for the super fast delivery Yob. Got it at lunchtime today!

I just tried 8 drops of Outback in a 355ml glass of my Cream IPA (Citra/Kohatu IPA dumped on a Cream Ale yeast cake) and 16 drops of Citralicious in a 355ml glass with Lazy Yak (left here by a mate I swear).

Certainly changed the beer flavour for the better, but it wasn't the massive punch I was expecting. Am I going too easy? Are the beers I started with too strong (or in Lazy Yaks case, too shit) for it to really shine through anyways?

Yob said:
You can wait till packaging and go right into the keg or when you bulk prime.. I'd be waiting as long as possible if adding to primary
I bottle straight from primary. Would it work to add some after cold crash, maybe a day before bottling?

stewy said:
I bottle straight from primary. Would it work to add some after cold crash, maybe a day before bottling?
I'd be concerned about it mixing evenly, you'd have to stir it.. You could always add to the bottle though that'd get old quickly in my world

slcmorro said:
Cheers for the super fast delivery Yob. Got it at lunchtime today!
I just tried 8 drops of Outback in a 355ml glass of my Cream IPA (Citra/Kohatu IPA dumped on a Cream Ale yeast cake) and 16 drops of Citralicious in a 355ml glass with Lazy Yak (left here by a mate I swear).
Certainly changed the beer flavour for the better, but it wasn't the massive punch I was expecting. Am I going too easy? Are the beers I started with too strong (or in Lazy Yaks case, too shit) for it to really shine through anyways?
I've not tried the outback yet, but we put 8-10 drops in a Pint of decidedly average beer at the pub and it certainly gave it a helping hand, that was the Geronimo and Citralicious though....

If it's made lazy Yak drinkable, that's a remarkable effort all by itself

First test results of the raspberry extract.

About 6-8 drops into a glass before any discernable difference.

About 10 drops seemed to be the right amount for a glass.

Despite the extract being red - when mixed in the glass it made no difference to the colour of the beer. Side by side with straight beer they look exactly the same.

Tis a shame - I like the idea of my raspberry wheaties having a bit of pinkish colour.

Raspberry flavour and aroma is there - but no sign of the tartness you get from real raspberries.

My initial opinion....

Would I use it if I was setting out to brew a Raspberry Wheat from scratch, no I wouldnt. It lack the colour and slight tartness real ones give
Would I use it to trick up a boring wheat beer - hell yes. I would recommend it as a remedial fix for something you wanted to add raspberry flavour and aroma to.

Tommorow I will try it in the half keg of wheat and give you and idea of how much effect 3mls has on it - with a guesstimate of how many Litres in the keg to help future users work out dosage.

GrumpyPaul said:
My initial opinion....

Would I use it if I was setting out to brew a Raspberry Wheat from scratch, no I wouldnt. It lack the colour and slight tartness real ones give
Would I use it to trick up a boring wheat beer - hell yes. I would recommend it as a remedial fix for something you wanted to add raspberry flavour and aroma to.

Tommorow I will try it in the half keg of wheat and give you and idea of how much effect 3mls has on it - with a guesstimate of how many Litres in the keg to help future users work out dosage.
Its pretty much along the lines I was thinking, if a keg starts to fade, freshen up with a shot of the raspberry Hop Shot..

Thanks for testing Paul, Interested to hear how the half keg comes along with the addition.

Just ordered 2x citra and a simcoe.Going to give three Floyd's Zombie Dust AG clone a crack. It calls for 3oz (84g) dry hops and thus citra looks awesome. Will have to use pellets for the bittering profile though. Will report back with tasting notes when done. Keen to get some mosaic when you have it on the website. And willing to give any west cost IPA hop sample a trial.

Fooking NYE! Goods sent am Wednesday and still waiting on them....G'd the boys up for the party and went empty handed.
Upside is I will brew and have it added to bright beers ready for Australia day;)

Can't wait for the mosaic, have a beer just itching for some simcoe, mosaic and Galaxy shots.

BottloBill said:
Fooking NYE! Goods sent am Wednesday and still waiting on them....G'd the boys up for the party and went empty handed.
Upside is I will brew and have it added to bright beers ready for Australia day;)
aah fuckers.. sorry about that man..

Back