Substitute for San Diego Super Yeast WPL090?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spiesy said:
Lol.

Receptionists... quite often the ones that are good to look at aren't often the best at their job.
Way back, when I was interviewed for a position, the 'to be boss' caught me taking a sly look at the hot secretary, when I was waiting my turn. When I got in there, he said "Let me tell you something. It costs the same to hire an ugly one"

Well well well, what a coincidence.. I necroed this thread and who should the last poster be but the Stout Hearted mckenry who recently stepped up to the plate and generously sent me a couple of San Diego sachets in their latest incarnation (not available locally in the Northern Woop Woop) along with a heap of other dried yeasts I've had difficulty sourcing. I paid of course, he's not that Stout Hearted :bigcheers:

I've just pitched an Aussie Blonde which is basically a sort of Cascade Premium thingo but done with an ale yeast.
Barrett Burston Pale, some Vienna, some white sugaz, Superpride and finished with Ella.

I direct-pitched the San Diego at 21 and it will be interesting to see how this remarkable yeast goes this time around. Now Sunday PM, let the fun begin.

Monday late morning and getting some lily pads already. Impressive.

Back