Substitute for San Diego Super Yeast WPL090?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Judge

Reaction score
What's the closest liquid yeast substitute? High flocc, clean, low ester production etc

Thanks
The Judge

Currently available, I've got a vial in my fridge at the moment.

Spiesy said:
Why not just use WLP090?
I would love to use it, but I don't reckon you can send it to me in Perth ready for Wednesday night brew-night Spiesy! Or can you????

The Judge said:
I would love to use it, but I don't reckon you can send it to me in Perth ready for Wednesday night brew-night Spiesy! Or can you????
Two words: No chill :beerbang:

Would depend on your postcode and if you are next day delivery, many parts of wa aren't. Even if they say they are.. Buggers..

The Judge, on 16 Feb 2015 - 3:49 PM, said:
The Judge said:
I believe we can. Express Post is supposed to go between Melbourne and any of these Perth postcodes, next business day: 6000-6005; 6800-6899 .

Would have given yourself a better chance had you ordered the yeast this morning though - as we could have got it out the door today.
Still, according to Express Post, if it leaves tomorrow - it should be with you Wednesday.

Link to Australia Post

Righto - I'm on it. Send tomorrow, and arrive in 6000 tomorrow.

Good advice on 1217 anyway Yob - will remember ;-) cheers fellas.

When Proculture yeasts were available I used to buy them from He who shall not be named

(Nev)

And they would arrive still cold virtually overnight. WA to Eastern states is pretty good as a rule so hopefully the same in the other direction.

Sadly it's not. As Spiesy mentioned, unless you're in 6000-6005 or the 6800 range, it's going on a truck rather than a plane. Express Post ain't express unless you're in the CBD!

Bribie G said:
When Proculture yeasts were available I used to buy them from He who shall not be named

(Nev)
I know you're being cheeky but there is absolutely no reason why you can't mention Nev or his business (online brewing supplies, formerly gryphon brewing). He may not be allowed as a member here but he still services the community by providing ingredients and equipment.

White Labs says 001 Cali. Ale is similar.

I looked it up because I ended up with 090 recently instead of 001.

I've never used either personally. The 090 is 'stepping up' as I type...looking forward to it.

I work in the CBD and have had Spiesy and others deliver to me a few times now and each time I've asked the receptionist to put the package in the fridge when it arrives. Problem is, now even when I get normal mail at the office the ditz puts that in the fridge too ;-)

The Judge said:
I work in the CBD and have had Spiesy and others deliver to me a few times now and each time I've asked the receptionist to put the package in the fridge when it arrives. Problem is, now even when I get normal mail at the office the ditz puts that in the fridge too ;-)
Lol.

Receptionists... quite often the ones that are good to look at aren't often the best at their job.

And the cold packs are good for kids lunch boxes too ;)

Delivery time was great. Sent Tuesday lunchtime, arrived at my office in Perth Wednesday morning. Bang! Thanks

The Judge said:
Delivery time was great. Sent Tuesday lunchtime, arrived at my office in Perth Wednesday morning. Bang! Thanks
Beauty, great to hear!

Back