Stupid Urn Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbrosnan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I could have sworn that I was looking at an urn a few months ago that had a 15A 3.6K rating. I've been back to and looked at Birko and Crown but they all seem to be 10A 2.6k. Did I dream it? Anyone else see this?

Birko did / do one at 15A but you might need to contact them to see if they still do one. About a year ago they did a major redesign of the 2400W model and maybe the sales of the grunt model weren't enough to continue making it. :(

Birko make several different models

I have no doubt that you did look at a 15A model

I Know that most sparkies would provide a dedicated 15A GPO for a Birko unit regardless of the std model..

It is easier to provide a 15A cct than to go back and have to upgrade...

Please, if you are going the Birko/Urn/Imersion heater unit, get a dedicated CCt for them..

Yes, they will run of a standard power point, but remember that the same cct will also power other items in your house and you can easly go over the cct breaker rating

There is a reason why sparkies will tend to run separate ccts for heavy duty items like Birko units...... Stops your house burning down... :)

If you find a supplier fir the 15a version, can you post here as that is the way I am looking to go to save having to get an immersion element as well.

Cheers

Robbo

If you find a supplier fir the 15a version, can you post here as that is the way I am looking to go to save having to get an immersion element as well.

Cheers

Robbo

Try Brenton at Winen Warehouse, Lobethal. He can get them in, he previously quoted me $310 back in July. I am going to get one but I just haven't got around to it. In fact, I can't believe it has been 7 months since I got that quote.

www.winenwarehouse.com.au

Birko make several different models

I have no doubt that you did look at a 15A model

I Know that most sparkies would provide a dedicated 15A GPO for a Birko unit regardless of the std model..

It is easier to provide a 15A cct than to go back and have to upgrade...

Please, if you are going the Birko/Urn/Imersion heater unit, get a dedicated CCt for them..

Yes, they will run of a standard power point, but remember that the same cct will also power other items in your house and you can easly go over the cct breaker rating

There is a reason why sparkies will tend to run separate ccts for heavy duty items like Birko units...... Stops your house burning down... :)
It's OK, I had an electrician fit a dedicated 15a circuit some time ago. I'm a grown up, I've seen these things before. BTW I've no idea what a CCt is but I trust my electrician.

Try Brenton at Winen Warehouse, Lobethal. He can get them in, he previously quoted me $310 back in July. I am going to get one but I just haven't got around to it. In fact, I can't believe it has been 7 months since I got that quote.

www.winenwarehouse.com.au
Can't find them on the site, do you have to contact him directly? I want to confirm the make and model. Thanks for the info. Still I'm almost sure I saw them on one of the restaurant sites.

Back