Stuck Celli Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfella

Reaction score
Hi guys I have recently installed 3 Celli taps outside on my garage wall behind a cabinet. The problem being is that if I don't use the taps for a couple of day they seize up. I have to give them a good old tug to free them up again. Obviously the brew is drying up in the tap.

Has any one got any bright ideas of a way to prevent this.

Thanks
Bigfella

Hi guys I have recently installed 3 Celli taps outside on my garage wall behind a cabinet. The problem being is that if I don't use the taps for a couple of day they seize up. I have to give them a good old tug to free them up again. Obviously the brew is drying up in the tap.

Thanks
Bigfella

I get the same problem.

A couple of days and it's a real struggle to get them open :angry:
Then you can't shut them when the glass is full :eek:

I think the only solution is to use each tap at least once a day ;)

Sorry Bigfella but Im going to use your thread to call everyone who bought one a sucker for bling :p

These taps are rear sealing and will therefore stick like brumby taps. The sticking problems was the reason everyone switched to the ventmatic since they are forward sealing and eliminate/reduce the problems of sticking.

You will just have to clean it more often to stop it from sticking or drink more regularly.

Thanks
Bigfella

I have a syringe and a glass of water sitting on top of my beer fridge. After the last glass of the night, I give the insides of the tap a couple of squirts to keep it clean.

Seems to work, but then it gets used most days. :D

Putting a thimble on the tap outlet (the ones they use for counting money etc) stops the seal drying out, and you get a few weeks rather than a few days before the tap sticks if it hasnt been used.

Putting a thimble on the tap outlet (the ones they use for counting money etc) stops the seal drying out, and you get a few weeks rather than a few days before the tap sticks if it hasnt been used.

That may explain why mine don't stick GL. I bought some of those rubber furniture leg caps from Bunnings which are about $2 for a pack of 4. I keep them on the spout between uses.

The reason I did it though is my fridge is in the garage and I was worried about flies etc vinegarising the beer by getting up the taps.

Oh also I do the warm water and syringe enema on my taps. :D

Warren -

I all ready use the stoppers that Craftbrewer sell. But they haven't helped me!

Maybe the syringe squirt of warm water Bigfella? When I do it you see some residual beer flushing out. Could help.

Warren -

clean.JPG

one of the guys at beer tech who use to do beer font installations for cub told me that you need to use some lube on the celli taps .
try that it may help
cheers paul

to clean after use i use a sports drink bottle with hot water in it . i don't seem to get stuck taps after doing this
Picture_005.jpg

Other home brewers looking at the last to pictures would not be surprised if they heard some rumors about you guys! :lol: :lol:

But I agree it was just unnecessary blink and now you've come unstuck...with a bit of work.
Sell them and buy some decent Shirron forward sealing taps,have a look at what the sellers of these taps use?

Batz ;)

I have never had a problem with my 4 Celli's, but I would pour a beer at least once a day. But even after a week of AFD's first pours were perfect. If you are having problems with these taps pouring in any way I would be contacting the retailer you bought them from and asking him/her for their advice!

Steve

I have never had a problem with my 4 Celli's, but I would pour a beer at least once a day. But even after a week of AFD's first pours were perfect. If you are having problems with these taps pouring in any way I would be contacting the retailer you bought them from and asking him/her for their advice!

Steve

I don't think there is anything wrong with the taps. I just think it is the heat from being outside. even though they are in a cupboard.

There has been some very good suggestions though.

i have the same problem. i think it's time to strip them down and give them a clean.

I found I had similar problems with my Cellis.

I pulled them down and cleaned them, applying a little lube when I reassembled. Problem fixed.

I now do the same after every 2-3 kegs, the problem hasn't returned since I started this regime.

Back