Stuck Celli Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cellis are also the ducks nuts for dispensing soda water, and to keep it on topic you can leave the soda water tap as long as you like and it wont freeze up.

Enoch, when you have all pale beers on tap, I'll stumble over and double-check the taps for you ;)

Be a pleasure. They are all pale at the moment - Bo Pils, Wheat and NS Pils. You back in the neighbourhood?

Cleaned mine the other day and they're not springing back like they used to. Lube I must get.

Cleaned mine the other day and they're not springing back like they used to. Lube I must get.
Or lube not you need in instance first. Try you first the gold plated ring that the handle to the body on it holds.

If tightened up with the force too much stick it may.

Hmm, advice - handy and welcome it is, yes.

I tend to lube the O ring circled above but also put a bit on the "piston" bit that the handle connects into which helps.
Good idea. I think I'll pop one of the Celli's back on and give that a go.

Cellis are like the Girlfriend .

If you dont love them they wont love you .

I love my Cellis and they love me back .

My relationshp with my Cellis is vey satisfying .

Pumpy :)

DSC04405.JPG

hmmm, I, my first Celli got.
Tighten not too much, you say all?

Ok, show us your Celli's! :rolleyes:
I love my girls too!

taps1.JPG

hmmm, I, my first Celli got.
Tighten not too much, you say all?
Yoda at work he stay...
My experience with celli's that are sticky (rather than completely stuck) straight after you reassemble them is that the ring that you screw down to hold the handle in is too tight. Back it off a half turn (which you can do with the tap assembled and beer connected) and see if the stiffness goes away. Ringis in a ring in the diagram below...

celli.jpg

My Celi lives in an outside position where it gets a fair amount of sunshine directly on it. It does tend to get a bit sticky if I dont pour a beer at least every once a day.

To combat this I keep a spray bottle of no-rinse on top of the fridge, the tap gets a rinse out with that after a pour, and spraying a little on the face of the tap if it is a little sticky, seems to help it unstick.

I've got 2 Celli's the first is the gold with black outlet which has the auto closing spring and the second stainless without the spring.

I find the outdoor verandah location they tend to stick after about 1 week, though a quick pull down and soak does them a treat. Have been using lube on the seal which certainly helps.

Don't know if it's just me but i've removed the return spring to disable the autoclose and find it much easier to use, especially if tap is starting to bind up.

Have to agree though keeping up a constant flow seems the best means of maintaining the flow.

Be a pleasure. They are all pale at the moment - Bo Pils, Wheat and NS Pils. You back in the neighbourhood?

Sounds like my kinda range of beers mate!

I'm using the office from time to time but have made an offer to buy my own house <_< then I can have a guts full of beer at your place and stumble home, and then the next day, you can have a guts full of beer at my place and stumble off home.

Might have to clean my Celli before you come over though...

Sounds like my kinda range of beers mate!

I'm using the office from time to time but have made an offer to buy my own house <_< then I can have a guts full of beer at your place and stumble home, and then the next day, you can have a guts full of beer at my place and stumble off home.

Might have to clean my Celli before you come over though...

ROTFL :lol:

Actually, if you have some tap lube, maybe I can bring it over to your place and you can show me how to strip it down and adjust the handle thingy ring.
I have a kraut lager, NS/Cascade pale ale, dry as chips and tart-as-a-tart hoegaarden clone (Kai, you were right, too much raw wheat!) and a bitsa keg you can test.

Back