Stone Brewing Launch Forrester's Hall Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobedogg

Reaction score
This was only just brought to my attention. Spewing I can't get down there tomorrow night.

http://www.forestershall.com.au/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=34524

If you're in Melbourne, do yourself a favour and get down there for a tasting. Meet and greet with Mitch Steele (head brewer) is sold out but I'm sure you'd be able to have a word if you head down there at the same time.

$25 gets you 5 beers which they've air freighted in. Stone IPA, Sublimey Self RIghteous, Arrogant *******, Go To IPA and Stone Delicious.

Does anyone know if this means we're going to see a more of these guys around the place? I love the stuff and couldn't get enough of it last year when I was in the States.

Do we think the tasting paddles will be available on the bar for $25 each? I'd be keen to avoid the $2.5 booking fee if I'm buying several.

lobedogg said:
I love the stuff and couldn't get enough of it last year when I was in the States.
Meh, I was over it after 3-4 days of drinking their big IPA's. Hops for hops for hops sake. I found a bit more solace in Racer 5, and always enjoy a SNPA on tap.

2much2spend said:
Sold out, Faaaaaarrrrrrk !!!!!!!!!!!!!
As per my original post you can still get a tasting pass and you'd be unlucky to miss out on all the action if you went down at 6.30

siege said:
Do we think the tasting paddles will be available on the bar for $25 each? I'd be keen to avoid the $2.5 booking fee if I'm buying several.
Not sure Siege. I know they'll be pouring kegs post the event. Might try and sneak down Sat arvo. I reckon I'd be unlucky if all five were blown dry by that stage... Maybe give Forrester's a call?

Spiesy said:
Meh, I was over it after 3-4 days of drinking their big IPA's. Hops for hops for hops sake. I found a bit more solace in Racer 5, and always enjoy a SNPA on tap.
Fair enough Spiesy. Each to their own I guess. They have a good range of stuff though. Loved Racer 5 too! Can't go wrong with SNPA either

One in sydney too.

Will be at the taphouse on Saturday so I hope there is some left!

I've bought a tasting ticket, so gonna head down at about 6.30, take my chances, and see what happens if anyone wants to meet up?

what exactly are they launching? Are Stone announcing regular distribution or something?

Liam_snorkel said:
what exactly are they launching? Are Stone announcing regular distribution or something?
apparently so. Yet to hear full details. Maybe Carlos can find out for us...

I'll sit in the corner.... perking up my furry ears and see what I can find out.

Well, further updating on this after attending last night.

Seems from talking to a few people the whole thing was to launch 'official' Australian distribution. I couldn't get many details I am afraid as I wasn't one of the glitterati who paid an extra $25 to get in to the VIP area to meet Mitch Steele, so I couldn't ask him myself. They even had a velvet rope!

I assume this means we will see more tapped Stone stuff in good beer pubs.

Whole thing semed like a bit of a wank to me. Paid $25 for a tasting ticket, and that included 5 samples of the Stone range. The samples were a VERY carefully measured 100ml. So 500ml of beer for $25. This also included a 10-15 minute wait at the bar each time. They also wouldn't allow you to take more than two samples at a time, so minimum 3 visits to the bar. Great.

Beers were good though.

my condolences, sounds like a poorly run event - no respect! Doesn't sound like a great way to treat interested and paying punters. Waiting for rations of overpriced beer and having to pay extra to meet the guys - shameful!

agree, the extra to meet him is a wank, should have made himself available and wandered the joint, thats the way to earn loyalty,

I do enjoy their beers, but I'm glad I didn't buy into it.. Thursday ended up being quite a session out in the shed as it was.. for under $1/L

:lol:

Yeah, I bought your book Mitch, so youve seen some of my coin and to be fair, will likely see more of it from expensive bottle buys, I wonder if he knows/cares that Purvis keep them un refrigerated on a shelf? always cause me a frown as I hand over wads of cash to them..

Anyone going/gone to the sydney event? Have they said where they are going to be on tap or was this a once off?

Sydney was Thursday night. I'm going up before the football tonight.

Nowtapped says there are still a few stone beers going. Gonna get hopped up baby!

Almost glad i didnt go in the end. When i was over in Escondido in November we had a walk through brewery tour before lunch and Mitch was there saying hello etc.
Plus lots of lovely samples and good food etc. Nom nom nom.

IMG_2892.JPG

Back