Stockpile

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From memory I have:

7 milk crates of long necks
2 milk crates of 330ml stubbies
2 full 18l cornies
1 1/2 full 18l cornie
2 x 20l cubes (larger secondarying)
2 x 15l cubes fresh wort (unfermented)

Funny with all this onhand, I had to buy a 6pack to go to a BBQ on Saturday :lol:

I have too much to count really...
Roughly 20 cases of varied stubbies, longies and pint bottles from 54 different brews, some going back to 2004. Alot of which i'm aging and seeing the difference.

Christ im sick of bottles.

Me too!

@7 crates = 74l
Misc tallies = 10l
Fermenting = 44l

Total = 128.

And I though I was nearly out of booze! :p

Another 2 brews down next weekend if I get another fermeneter!

InCider.

6 x 19L corny kegs (about 90L)
60L in jerry cans in the fridge
23L fermenting

my stocks look pretty damn crook and yeah i'm bloody sick of bottling as well ...but not of drinking beer so i will carry my burden onwards

40 odd litres pale ale bottled
19 litres ginger beer bottled

fermenting
23 lires stout
22 litres german wheat
23 pale ale

cc
17 litres pale ale

and one lonely bottle of barvarian lager na bugger it i'll drink this one now :chug:
cheers totoro

about 1100 full tallies some are over a year old but still taste good;will be getting more kegs soon and only keeping about 600 bottles full.
CHRIST!!!!! 1100 ....you must have rsi..
cheers

2 x 23L brews in Primary, Weizen, Swarzbier
6 x 19L kegs full Klsh x 2 , CAP, Swartz, Top n Tails, Bock,
5 x 19L kegs on tap North German Pils, Baltic Porter, Aussie Ale, Newcastle Brown, Australian Dark
4 crates of bottles 500ml and 750ml

I usually aim to have around five different brews available at a given time, that equates to about 100L for me.
At the moment I only have about 40L ready to go, the rest is being cold conditioned. Fermenters and cubes all empty :-(

I find this number provides me with a reasonable variety of options, who wants to drink the same beer every time? - not I.

I tried ageing some brews, but they either got oxidised or just tasted stale so I leave that to the Belgians now and concentrate my efforts on keeping my stocks reasonably fresh.

Probably not that much stockpiled at the moment.

A couple of long-necks of stout
~ 12 brown ales
~ 12 porter
About 1/2 a case swap carton
24 long-necks of twocan (stout & real)
~ 30 long-necks belgian strong (still aging)
~ 60 stubbies of dark ale
~ 30 long-necks darkish ale (just bottled)
~ 20 long-necks of cyser
~ 24 bottles of cider
and a lager cold conditioning in the fridge because I haven't got around to bottling it.

JIT brewing is where it's at.

Demand far outstrips production in this place. 3 cases, ~6 of each of the last 10 batches - all in stubbies, and 1x19L keg full, 1x19L about 1/3, 23L lager in secondary... oh S@#T, better get brewin'

In longnecks -

6 Ginger Beer Mid
35 Not really Lager
21 Stout + 1 Stubby
28 Toucan

In Stubbies
12 Steinlager
2 Hoegaarden
3 Dukes from the Brewery tour

In Fermenter
23L Stout

Just shy of 100L

And here I am thinking I need to brew lots more for summer :)

Cheers,

microbe

ps - what does JIT stand for??

12 longnecks of an aussie pale ale that just never carbed up properly :(
4 longecks of stout (was meant to be an irish dry stout)
1 longeck left from the Vic case swap
~20 longnecks in the "vault" (try to keep 3 longecks of every batch aside to see what happens over time)

40L of ESB coming ready to bottle (samples taste good :) )
20L of Czech Pilsener #1 ready to bottle (attempt no. 1 in my quest to brew a great pilsener)
20L of Czech Pilsener #2 lagering
20L of Helles in a no-chill jerry

The stockpile is way too low on "ready to drink" beers. I have a few long bottling nights ahead of me this week to start building the stockpile up again. Doing the 2 pilseners really set my rolling stock back...

cheers,

Andrei

From experience, what do you guys think is the optimum time beer should be aged in the bottle? 6 months, 1 year, 3 years???
I'm currently on a bit of a drive to get my stocks right up, but theres no point doing it if they are gonna be in the bottle too long.

I'll add my meagre stocpkpile to the list:

13 stubbies of Amarillo Ale, bottle conditioning & 3 PET's of "Very Ordinary Bitter". That's it.

Since moving to Qld, haven't had time to collect enough bottles, or enough money to buy kegs.... The large selection of beers at the local Dan Murphy's is keeping the intake up, while assisting in bottle collention though.....

However I have found time to brew, and I currently have:

18L HefeWeizen in primary
23L AAA in No-Chill Cube
23L "Summer Weizen" in No-Chill Cube
23L "Noosa Nelson" Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale in No-Chill Cube
5L Plain Mead in Primary

Cheers!

lets see 1 double door wardrobe with 5 shelves with about 100 longies on a shelf and only half a shelf empty at the moment and 6 kegs full. the oldest bottle being 4 years old and still good.

Half a keg of Hefeweizen, 3/4 full mongrel keg, 3 brews in fermenters....I dont stockpile now that I have 4 kegs, it just isnt physically possible........:chug:
Cheers
Steve

230 full longnecks ranging in age from two weeks to nine months plus a 23 litre Black Rock Pilsener Blonde in the fermenter.All brewed from various kits plus varying amounts of dried malt extract,dextrose,malto dextrin,and hops ,boiled and dry.Have 50 empty longnecks and hope to build up to 280 full bottles by Christmas.

From experience, what do you guys think is the optimum time beer should be aged in the bottle? 6 months, 1 year, 3 years???
I'm currently on a bit of a drive to get my stocks right up, but theres no point doing it if they are gonna be in the bottle too long.
It would depend on the style and your brewing methods. I can make Lagers that taste great after 3 weeks in the bottle but have left Porter and stouts in the bottle for 2 years and all tasted great.
In other words there is no optimum time IMO as long as they still taste good.

Steve

Back