Stc 1000 Temp Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two of these lobbed on my doorstep last week when I was away.
Looking to build them in to my Keezer and ferment fridge, may need a little advice sometime Nev.
Nige

Two of these lobbed on my doorstep last week when I was away.
Looking to build them in to my Keezer and ferment fridge, may need a little advice sometime Nev.
Nige

Anytime mate. Bring em round and we'll fit em up for you. Easy.

:icon_offtopic: Shortly after you read this, I'm gonna pop over and stick that 12vdc fan for your keezer in your letterbox actually... Leaving the Lyell Mac now!

Nev

Is there any good reason not to stick the probe (well sanitized of course) straight into the wort in the fermenter for total accuracy?

Is there any good reason not to stick the probe (well sanitized of course) straight into the wort in the fermenter for total accuracy?

I would hazard a guess and say that it isn't waterproof... Some ppl I believe have got away with it, some have not... Its only peanuts ($ wise we're talking here) that's obvious, however, stuff it up and you'll be waiting longer for a replacement to arrive... I just stick mine to the side of the fermenter with tape then insulate and wrap an occy strap around. Easy. Consistent temps.

Best not to try and reinvent the wheel :icon_cheers:

Nev

Anyone recommend an ebayer to get me one of these bad boys?

Prefer not to have to wait 3 weeks for something to get here!

Cheers
I used qualitylink2000 after reading good reports here.
They delivered to my door in about 6 days from SE Asia.
I was impressed..
Qualitylink2000 link selling in AUD
However.. this link is selling at $29.90.

If you are after a cheapie go here .. although I've never purchased from this seller...

bloody cheap -- less than $16.50 delivered!!!

does anybody know a better xbox 360 controller than the default 360 controller

its not really good for fighting games

Wado, I think you might find you posted that in the wrong forum :icon_drunk:

I would hazard a guess and say that it isn't waterproof...

I mount with an occy strap and a wedge of foam, but I don't agree that the probe isn't waterproof. The STC1000 is specifically sold as an aquarium controller.
Or maybe the fish collecters can advise if the trend is to mount outside of the tank, and not in the water.

I mount with an occy strap and a wedge of foam, but I don't agree that the probe isn't waterproof. The STC1000 is specifically sold as an aquarium controller.
Or maybe the fish collecters can advise if the trend is to mount outside of the tank, and not in the water.
Yes they are generally designed to be in the water which is why I was thinking of putting the probe straight into the fermenter.

However if people are getting good results strapping the probe to the side of the fermenter I think I'll go with this, seems simpler and safer from an infection standpoint.

Constructed mine today and tested it tonight. All is in working order. The only slightly annoying issue I had is that the screws that came with the jiffy box are very soft so when I screwed the lid on it warped the screw heads. Not sure if I'll be able to remove the lid now so I guess I'm lucky it works.

STC1000__1_.jpg

STC_1000__2_.jpg

Had mine submerged in my HLT for 8 brews now and no probs. Can't see why you couldn't drop it in your fermenter after a little sanatising...

Who ever said you can't merge brewing with gaming! Maybe you could fit an Xbox controller to the STC1000 for a more interactive brew day!!

Wado, I think you might find you posted that in the wrong forum :icon_drunk:
I've been known to post in the wrong thread .. but can happily say I've always hit the right forum..

btw ... i have this red rash down-under, can anyone suggest what I should do to treat it?

I usually only get that rash after making my yeast cultures.
It develops a nice krausen by day three but then settles down, just let it run its course.

Cheers Stu

The only slightly annoying issue I had is that the screws that came with the jiffy box are very soft so when I screwed the lid on it warped the screw heads.

Same on mine too! Those little screws are a pain in the ass, the head of the metal screw is so soft. I reckon worst case you could replace them with new ones of similar size of better quality. The plastic casing should be able to handle a slightly different screw size.

Latest posts

Back