Stc 1000 Temp Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. They work really well. I've got one doing duty converting a chest freezer to fermenting fridge.

Hey

Just wondering if anybody has used or has any info on the temp controller STC 1000 (currently heaps selling on Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mini-Digital-Temper...=item19bd67a311- and if there any good to convert freezer to keg fridge?

I have three, one on a keezer, and two for fermentation fridges. The instructions they come with as far as use goes (wiring is good) is for shit I found an online pdf someplace which was right on the money. I'll dig out the link shorty.

Edit: Linky

I just got one and I'm very happy with it.

Same here, works a treat. Save the money on a temp mate and wire yourself. There are a few threads around to help you, I found especially the pics posted by Wolfy very helpful.

Florian

I have three, one on a keezer, and two for fermentation fridges. The instructions they come with as far as use goes (wiring is good) is for shit I found an online pdf someplace which was right on the money. I'll dig out the link shorty.

Edit: Linky

Thanks Thomas J for the link i lost the instructions that came with the unit.
+1 Mine is working well on my HLT.

another happy camper here, works a treat and cheap

Also have three and happy with them.

One on a freezer after the thermostat went, one on a fermenting / cold conditioning fridge and one on a fermenting cupboard which I use for fermenting or for secondary fermentation in the bottles.

cheers

Ian

Thanks All , after careful consideration I think I might invest in one! :)

I like the 0.5 tempreture increments myself...
Get 2, cheap as chips...hell get 3.

The STC-1000 is a great temperature controller. I set mine up on the weekend and it's accuracy is very impressive! I recommend this controller to anyone who wants accurate temperature control.

just bought a couple of these gadgets,

Can anyone recommend them for controlling the temperature on a HLT if coupled with a thermowell?

Cheers :)

The stated accuracy on the data sheet is up to 70C, so there's no guarantee that they provide reliable measurements above this. Hopefully someone has tried and can comment?

The stated accuracy on the data sheet is up to 70C, so there's no guarantee that they provide reliable measurements above this. Hopefully someone has tried and can comment?

First my apologies, I clicked the wrong thread with my reply about STC-1000, but before I paste.. My own observations on accuracy, I have set a number of these up with the temp probes all but tied together and the variance as read is typically up to 1.5 C (low to high), this is to be expected, its a control device above all (try calibrating a heap of domestic "digital thermometers", you will no doubt get an even larger variance).

These controllers are rather good.
Mashematics (disclaimer I have financial interest in Mashematics) sell these for a tad more than the HK supplier ..currently $44 to your door in just a few days..www.mashematics.net.. but the savings you may make being an account customer by picking up the odd bargain from mashematics..(web-site under constant construction) may put a smile on your face.
Brickbats via the mashematics site thank you.

With the STC-1000 having the option to either heat or cool. Do you have to wire both in or could you just wire the one part in? I'm looking to use it to heat only.

Thanks

With the STC-1000 having the option to either heat or cool. Do you have to wire both in or could you just wire the one part in? I'm looking to use it to heat only.

Thanks

Yep, not a problem, I have one of mine set to just cool (keezer), the others are on fermentation fridges so need to heat and cool.

Latest posts

Back