Stainless Steel Conicals In Oz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sosman said:
"SS LPG tank from the local scrap yard for $100"

"If it cost me more than $500 I would be stunned"
Anyone know what grade SS LPG tanks are made of? and would they be OK to use?

Had a guy in the last HB club I was in that got a SS coical made up and cost him $2000!! :blink: I must admit it was the best conical I have ever seen. Polished like a mirror, manhole cover etc etc. Bit more than I'm prepared to spend though.

sosman said:
However if I didn't want to go the "homebrew" approach, the first thing I would do is contact Stainless Tanks and ask for a quote. If it cost me more than $500 I would be stunned.
I wouldn't be stunned, these guys want over $200 for a 18ltr keg, so I'm assuming a 30ltr conical would be well up there in price, particularly if you want them to machine any one off's like conical, lid etc.

For around AUS$285 you would be able to get a 46ltr cone (no lid, no legs, no valves etc) delivered from the US. You would need to buy this from Toledo Metal Spinning and arrange with them to send via UPS.

Cheers
MAH

I wouldn't be stunned, these guys want over $200 for a 18ltr keg, so I'm assuming a 30ltr conical would be well up there in price, particularly if you want them to machine any one off's like conical, lid etc.

You may be entirely right but last time I rummaged through their junk pile and asked about making a custom boiler from some junk they were talking about $160. That included a bit of welding, tap and handles but to be fair it didn't involve forming any cones or anything.

Could ask them for a price on 5 units say 50L ... I am sure if it was reasonable there would be a good chance a few ppl on here would get one :) I would be tempted if the price was good :p

Back