Stainless Conicals

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang....

Just made mess..... :wub: :blink: :blink:

That really is a work of art!
I want one like i want supermodels :)

Oh yeah....how good does that look...... :beerbang:
I think I'll wait to upgrade my fermentation fridge until after specs are available for these babies.......Mmmmmmm shiney toys.
nt
:beer:

Schwing

Now counting the days to next weekend, and dearly hoping the ex girlfriend doesn't discover that you've been using her backyard, and someone else doesn't discover you are using their welder.

If you need some help in liasing with NASA to get Glyn released for this high priority time critical and critical path project for the greater well-being of Australian brewers, then drop me a PM. I know some guys who don't know some guys, but do know them if you know what I mean :p

And by the way those pictures (over looking the welding) is pure 110% shiney eye candy on a Sunday night :lol:

Keep up the good work and don't over indulge on the packet noodles.

Beers,
Doc

sorry...I used them all

Lots of mess!

Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... Shiney... :blink:

Warren -

Thats going straight to the pool room!

On the subject of toughened glass. This may be a problem as the glass is cut to size first then kilned, during this process it tends to warp a bit and could cause problems with sealing.
Just something to bear in mind.

spelling corrected due to drunkeness.

NIIICe, looking forward to next weekend. Have to say your a genius Wortgames, that is one professional looking fermenter. I will put my order in now.

Cheers
Andrew

Bugger - Had convinced myself I didn't really need one - Now you go & show those pics :wub: - This forum will send me broke... :)

I wonder if air new zealand will take one as cary-on luggage.....

Mmmmmm, yum (says Seth, crawling out from under his lurking-rock).

Must buy one b4 the missus wastes my money on socks, hankies and undies for Chrissy gifts.

I agree with Warren too...shiny!

Seth out (yet in, too) :p

Wortgames you are to be congratulated that is very nice .

However you realy need to look after your mate GLYN better if hes going to get around to building one or more of thease for us all . Tig welding in shorts and short sleves is not recomended . My other half wont let me sleep in our bed if I come home ROASTED from just a little tack darl it will be right ....... mmmmm .... a few hours later and that mild smell of roast bunyip ...get out you stink ,, not to mention skin and other cancers from welding radiation.... anyway rant over , just take care of GLYN...

Well done to you both ....

Cheers fnqbunyip

Hehehe sounds like I'll need a chaperone if I'm delivering any of these by hand :blink:

Bunyip - we are both Englishmen, so our natural skin colour is a kind of pale blue. It takes us about a week of sunbathing to go white. Having said that I am a little pink today, so I'll be investing in a $10 'supervisor' welding mask from Bunnings, so I can watch and criticise in relative comfort during the welding process. Glyn's legs are beyond any help whatsoever.

Vlad - good point re the toughened glass, I haven't looked into it much at all at this stage but that is a useful tip.

Doc - I don't want to use up any favours with NASA just yet, at least not until Glyn starts work on the titanium fermenter we've got planned which may require welding in zero gravity or something.

Hopefully we can turn a few of these out soon, until then I'm living on a subsistence diet of MSG and hotel minties.

:party:

Top notch work Wortgames & Glyn. That has definately wet the appetite :rolleyes:

Awesome.

I look forward to watching this come along :)

i tip,s me 'at to you both. very very niiiice. cheers spog :beerbang:

Just been thinking about this some more and I will have to change the way I do some things on brewday in order to incorporate a SS conical.
I brew under the pagola, but then have to get the fermenter into the shed and into the chest freezer. Easy with a 25 litre plastic fermenter, just lift it up.
Will be a bit harder with a SS Conical as I still have to get up the four steps to the shed, then lift it into the freezer.
Wheels, or a platform on wheels for the fermenter will solve the pagola to the shed part, but depending on weight getting it up four steps and lifting into the shed might be a bit of an effort.
Do you think a March pump will be able to pump my wort 20 meters with about a 2 meter head ?

Doc

Only one way to find out Doc, hook up the garden hose and give it a go with water. How much beer would you expect to lose in the hose do you think?

Back