Stainless Conicals

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ausdb said:
WG why not just give them the option of having an extra 1" ferrule welded on 1/2 way up the cone for a few extra bucks? Even if you don't use it straight away it just takes a blank, gasket and clamp to seal.

I agree ausdb, but I'm leaning towards using a 3/4" fitting to keep the cost of fittings down a little bit, and I can't see any need for a larger fitting on the side. The dump valve needs to handle solids but the side valve should always be clear sailing, so smaller is probably better in terms of flow control, hose diameters etc.

I could offer the same thing I am planning to have available for the bottom, basically a threaded ferrule which you can clamp on, which will then take a normal threaded ball valve. This would be a nice cheap option for folks that can't afford to get the works straight up, as they can use extremely cheap ball valves from Bunnings or similar to get started.

The ideal option would be something similar to this:

http://www.deerislandbrewery.com/rotating_racking_arm.htm

which we should be able to make down the track.

Anyhow, we got a couple more built, they aren't as big as the first one I sent Doc but I think I still need to check my dimensions:

conicals2.jpg

:beer:

Hey WG.
Hope you have all the ex-girlfriends and fabrication location situations sorted as well as having a break over Xmas.
Already planning my birthday present list so looking forward to updates and seeing these fermenters out in the wild in '06

Beers,
Doc

Missed Christmas and my Birthday <_<

This year ! ;)

The solution for the installation of aftermarket cooling for SS Conicals.

Any updates WG ?

Beers,
Doc

Looks the goods there DOC :) might need 3 or 4 fitted though up this way. My ambiant water temp atm is 26.8c ... Got to love brewing in the tropics :)

:cheers:

Hows the conicals going Wortgames ????
Earth to Wortgames , come in Wortgames!!! :)

FNQ Bunyip said:
Looks the goods there DOC :) might need 3 or 4 fitted though up this way. My ambiant water temp atm is 26.8c ... Got to love brewing in the tropics :)

:cheers:

I think with insulation on the conical you could get away with one for ales and two for lagers.

Beers,
Doc

Seriously thinking about buying one from G&G soon.
Any updates Wortgames?

Hoops

Hoops

I am in the design phase at present (25L plus in size will hold pressure). But I am more than 3 months away from getting samples out. I may even have to go to China again to organise this one, but I have been putting it off.

I too am working on a conical design.

The guys at work are a bit busy with vintage to finish them off just yet.

I am doing a 50L design for the fridge and 200L stand alone temp controlled one.

I am also getting a reproduction of a 3 roller mill, but with a motor and hopper, ready to roll or crush as it may be.

I am also looking into a locally made and designed version of a US companies 3 or 2 tier pilot brewery, again 50L and 200L

Sorry for the hijack.

K

It's been over two months since the last post. Any updates from all those out there that have tempted and teased us with the thought of affordable Aust designed and made SS conicals?
Cheers
nt
(who is about to upgrade small fermentation fridge to chest freezer, something a SS conical won't fit in :( )

don't you like the tease...?

but seriously SS conical or plastic, I'd be interested.

and the 3 roller mill...

50 litre pilot brewery sound awesome but I'm scared to find out the $$$

How about an update / ETA....?

Brissybrew? / Kirem?

Hey I'm interested too...but have you seen the date that BrissyBrew & kirem posted on. Have we been had? :p

Mmmm - thinking the same here. Was all looking good there for a while then nothing. Perhaps access to the eng. shop was stopped when all the prototypes started appearing each morning.
nt

I'm hoping something happens before I get overly excited and build a couple of 50L copper fermenters...

I did - I also saw a recent thread here that suggests that copper is not suitable for a fermentor... bummer!

Just emailed the guy to see what experiences he had with his copper conical. Will let you know if and when he replies. Must admit I had my suspicions about copper though.

Latest posts

Back