Spunding Valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Cliffo,

Was your shipping around $45 for the items? I've added 2 of each to the cart and they are shipping in 2 orders and shipping is costing 2/3rds the $ as the items. will have to see if I can source local or try somewhere else as $120 for the parts minus the flares seems very excessive!!

I would buy a KK one or ibrew but both are going to need a gauge upgrade to read carbonating pressures as both are supplied with 15psi gauges.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine of Amazon and it was pretty exy. I noticed iBrew seem to be stocking them for a lot cheaper. They look exactly the same to me.

Was your shipping around $45 for the items?

My order was shipped in two lots.

I bought a couple of non-brewing related items too and a quick check looks like about $35 USD for delivery so looks roughly the same.

for the sake of simplicity I'm just going to grab a few of these. Yeah prolly a little pricey, but ICBF rooting around with trial and error.

Screenshot_20171106-122000.png

I get that screen but I copied the bits I needed and got there.

I just sent an order off to keg king [emoji24] wish I would have seen this one an hour ago it's exactly as the amazon links would build.
Might just need another one!

Link works.

Looks like arond $60 delivered to AU. Might grab one myself, actually might grab 2 so i can save on postage

I finally gave my KK spunding valve a proper clean out prior to pitching a beer yesterday, and boy was it filthy. Gave it a good soak in perc and then got the brush in whereever I could. Most of the parts are seized up tight so couldn't disassemble.

If you've ever had a krausen explosion, or used the spunding valve when transferring to a corny keg and overfilled it, I highly recommend you clean yours. I haven't lost a brew yet but it seems distinctly possible.

Hey Cliffo,

Was your shipping around $45 for the items? I've added 2 of each to the cart and they are shipping in 2 orders and shipping is costing 2/3rds the $ as the items. will have to see if I can source local or try somewhere else as $120 for the parts minus the flares seems very excessive!!

I would buy a KK one or ibrew but both are going to need a gauge upgrade to read carbonating pressures as both are supplied with 15psi gauges.

I use the KK one for carbonation. The gauge goes to 15, but there is enough throw in the gauge past the 15psi mark to get a pretty good guestimation of the pressure. I just set it till the needle is just shy of the endstop and the beer comes out nicely carbonated. Its probably just a little short of 20psi.

spunding.jpg

If you are after more accurate carbonation levels then yep, a better gauge would be needed. I find it does the job ok though.

Currently for one with shipping comes to US$61 for 20 comes to US$886, a significant saving there without getting a discount or specific shipping, the other thing is I'd probably ask them to drop the ball lock connector(I think we all have one or can get one without the expense of shipping it around the world). Like I said I'll chase this down over the next couple of weeks, don't be suprised if it hasn't kick off before december.

Currently for one with shipping comes to US$61 for 20 comes to US$886, a significant saving there without getting a discount or specific shipping, the other thing is I'd probably ask them to drop the ball lock connector(I think we all have one or can get one without the expense of shipping it around the world). Like I said I'll chase this down over the next couple of weeks, don't be suprised if it hasn't kick off before december.
Can't wait. The KK one I have is a bit wobbly in the adjustment thread. Nothing that thread tap won't fix though.

Back