Help finding pressure release valve for home made Spunding device.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_D

Reaction score
Can someone help me source where to find a simple pressure relief valve as shown in the attached pics? I'm building a second Spunding valve, and am having no luck finding a low pressure, 1/4" valve - as shown in the attached pics. It is the simple twist/wind to adjust pressure threshold type as found on the spunding valves available online in Australia (kegking for example) They must be locally available - probably from some kind of pneumatic parts dealer, and I imagine they are pretty cheap (isn't much to it).
I'd appreciate any info available. Part numbers, websites, etc. They seem easy to find if you live in the US.... but a bit more elusive here.

Thanks!

IMG_20160523_210638.jpg

IMG_20160523_210649.jpg

IMG_20160523_210755.jpg

I doubt you'll find a "spunding valve". They're just relief valves!

If you're after a pressure relief valve that's adjustable, then search for that.

My suggest would be to use a back pressure regulator if you want to be precise, or a corny keg relief valve.

I'm not really a fan of pressure fermentation, but would like to know what sort of pressures are we talking about?
Just looking at the PRV above I suspect it is a pretty high pressure relief (sever hundred kPa) are people really fermenting that high.

Mark

Just a thought... one way valves can have an operating pressure of around 2PSI (depending on which one you get)
Wouldn't be adjustable, but wouldn't go backwards either.

There are one or two valves linked in the fermenting under pressure threads however the kk one is cheaper. I think one of the guys was using an AP200 Im on the phone so can't link for you.

Still to buy a valve the one mb quoted looks good not that cheap after conversion postage
CraftBrewer have a good setup but looks like nil stock double the price of the above but come with gauge after postage
Then there is the digital set up but $150
Sounds like best option is to have the valve outside fridge on a cornie so no moisture gets in

MBH I believe 15 psi max
A lot of people just 5 max then shut off at near finish (few points) to carb up
What's you're take on it under attenuation, flavour ??

Second time someone has mentioned these

No not too high but its all about precise measurement

Wouldnt want to set at 15psi & get 30 psi stop the yeast & end up with an under attenuated beer or worse

But if they work good price wack a gauge on it or set with keg gas bottle reg

Latest posts

Back