South/east Sydney Brewers Club First Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewCarey82

"Baron Hardmans" Chief brewer.
Reaction score
G'day guys.

Have finalised with people who showed interest initially.

It will be at the.

This Saturday 15jul06 @ 2pm til around 5pm at the latest.

St George Tavern
531 Princes Hwy
Rockdale Nsw

I have spoken to management there and organised section in their side bar by to be reserved for this meeting so we can have a bit of privacy.

Bistro is open til 3pm so if you want to have a late lunch it has a pretty decent menu.

People who have already contacted me if you could let me know if you'd be there or not that would be appreciated and for those who are interested please contact me so I can add you to our members registry.

Cheers.

Are the Girls from The Black Garter, from across the 5 ways, going to be there too???

should increase the 'member'ship

Go the South-Eastern Ale and Lager Sippers (SEALS)

"Always into the drink!"

good turn out for the initial get together DrewCarey82 , some good ideas tossed around and a good mix of experienced people at all levels of brewing .....

Thanks for putting this together Ben. Let's see if we can keep it going. Has definately inspired me to dig a bit deeper than I had done initially to possibly move.... just a little at least, on from kits. Still want to get the kegs and bar up and going before moving on to much.
Not sure if I'll make the Riverview this weekend, kids have sport in Paddo till 1 odd pm.

Cheers,

Gav.

Hi All,

thanks Ben for organizing. It's certainly better to talk to other people face to face and get advices. I'll try to make it this Sat at Riverview.

See you there,
Laurent

Good to meet up with other brewers on Saturday. It'll be good to keep this going regularly. We just need to find a good place to meet where we can bring our own beers. :chug:

Any news on the brewery tour, DJR?? Looking forward to that. :super:

I'm stumped on a good name for the club. Any bright ideas out there? :D

i liked the SEALS thing but i doesnt encompass those from the inner west as someone pointed out ....
does the name necessarily need to be area specific??

i think the idea of a BYO "restuarant/cafe" is a good one, will be hard to find a pub or bar that will be happy for you to bring your own beers along i think, someone mentioned the Black Olive Pizza in Earlwood , i can say that they do make a good pizza, have only ever had home delivery though ,unsure just how big the place is for sit ins....

The only reason why I specified it as area co'ordinated is that generally its easier for people to co'ordinate.

But hey if people are willing to travel from Inner West ect then the more the merrier!

Though it does seem that the core of people are in the aforementioned area's.

Either way though we'll sort it out @ one time or another!

obviosly nothing to flash or expensive to keep everyone involved...

Very true.

Anyway off for the night have a nice night all.

there were guys there on Saturday from ashfield and redfern that i can recall, wouldnt hurt to have a few "home" bases
thats not far to travel, and a lot of us "southerners" are all talkin of travelling to Balmain on Saturday too , not like were talkin as far as Manly or Campelltown ... like ya said we will sort it with time ...

could be seals and co... LOL...

"South-Eastern Ale and Lager Sippers (SEALS)" -Linz.Gets my vote

or SYS "Southeastern Yeast Starters"

seals is good but like i said doesnt encompass those guys from the inner west that came along , DOES this matter ??

There were a few of us Inner Westies. I think you included the Inner West in your original post DC. Anyway, I think SEALS is a good name, so my vote is run with that. After all, if half of Sydney's population live west of Parramatta, we live in the South-east too. :lol:

How about:

The Southeastern Yeast Plating Hop Infusing Lager Ingesting Savvy?

or SYPHILIS for short :eek:

;) :ph34r:

or SYPHILIS for short :eek:

;) :ph34r:

mutter,...far too much time on your hands.....mutter.

I liked the sound of the Black Olive, close enough to my place to be able to stumble home!!!

Guys I have a big enough place in Earlwood to probably host a session or two at some stage.

Yes, I've been trying to incorporate a "W" into the name but its difficult.
Linz seems to have a knack for these acronyms perhaps he could have a go

Latest posts

Back