Gold Coast Home Brewers Unite!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lets see if we can get 20 at next months meeting,thats a few more name to remember, and maybe the raffle can be $1 per tic and a extra 1 or 2 ticets per diffident bottle of beer you put into the raffle,
that would make a pretty good take home win going on some of the beers we tasted the other night

Good Afternoon GoldCLUB members!

Here is a proposal for our remaining meeting activities for 2012. As we are anew club, feel free to just come along and enjoy tasting each others beers.HOWEVER, we are mindful of the fact that many beer clubs fade quickly intoobscurity when they rely on social gathering alone to fuel attendance. So, withthat in mind, here are some sweet monthly activities that the more beeradventurous among us can sink our teeth into!

October 12th Meeting

Taste-Off

Just like the John Woo Classic 'Face Off', this will be a challenge thatwill involve whoever wants to take part, bringing a beer that belongs to aStyle (eg Aussie Pale Ale, APA, Stout etc etc) and then all of us trying tomatch the mystery beers to their styles.
eg. If the pool consisted of an APA, Stout, English Bitter and IPA- we wouldhave match these styles to the 'mystery jugs' of beer. So, Jug 1 is APA, Jug 2is IPA, Jug 3 is stout and so on.

The member who gets the most points wins something awesome... If there is atie, the comp will go to sudden death and no, this doesnt involve the BlackUhlans ;)

November 9th Meeting

Attack of the Clones

Just like Episode II, this months meeting will involvethose who wish to take part, cloning a beer and bringing along a longneck (ortwo stubbies) of the commercial beer to be marked as to how close it is to thehomebrewed version. Perhaps the winner gets a Yoda figurine, and the woodenspoon is a Jar Jar Binks one??? Hehe

December 14thMeeting

Christmas Cheer-Beer Comp

As the name suggests, this will be a comp where we all makea Christmas beer. The only requirement for entry is that it includes aChristmas theme. And no, John, that does NOT include putting a label on it withRed and Green pubes hehehe. Each beer will then be marked as to how balancedit is, and how christmasy it makes us feel!

Well, that about sums it up. As a result of our raffle lastmeeting (congrats again to Kegs and Damian), we are 40 bucks in the Black, sowe have 40 bucks to spend on some prizes! Also, like last meeting, if you wantto bring in a beer to donate to the raffle, it will be a good way for our clubto build up some kitty money without any expenditure. Kegs idea to have itgive us an extra raffle ticket or two I think is a great one as well.

Let me know what you think guys, and I cant believe thebuzz surrounding the formation of our new club, our facebook page has 20members already!

Cheers,

Damien

Hey,

Belated response but I finally got on here :D
I don't brew much nemore but would be keen on starting up again and getting idea's off everyone.
Will try to get some brew's done for the Clone and Christmas.
I am only a Kit Brewer tho.
Cheer's
Ken

Hey,

Belated response but I finally got on here :D
I don't brew much nemore but would be keen on starting up again and getting idea's off everyone.
Will try to get some brew's done for the Clone and Christmas.
I am only a Kit Brewer tho.
Cheer's
Ken

Hiya Ken,
It would be great to see you at the GoldCLUB! We are a group of kit/all grain/and even some non-brewing-but-about-to brewers! So you will be more than welcome. Feel free to just come along and not take part in the comps. They are just for fun anyways.

Check out http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/burleighbrewers/ for some info and also email me at [email protected] and I can add you to the email list if you aren't a facebook fan.

Cheers!

Damien

Hey Damo,

I watched that beer invention show you were on last night, fuckin awesome work mate

Hey Damo,

I watched that beer invention show you were on last night, fuckin awesome work mate

Hey thanks matey! Hope to see you at the October 12th Meeting!

Of interest Neil (from Burleigh Home brew) who I always thought hated me, has put our Club's flyer on his main serving counter!

Yay for promotion!

Hey thanks matey! Hope to see you at the October 12th Meeting!

Of interest Neil (from Burleigh Home brew) who I always thought hated me, has put our Club's flyer on his main serving counter!

Yay for promotion!

Who could hate you, Damien? The problem is that he hates beer, right?

Who could hate you, Damien? The problem is that he hates beer, right?

heheh Thanks Matt, yeah... he doesn't seem to like many things BUT I saw a flicker in his eyes this morning I haven't seen before when he spoke about us meeting in Burleigh Brewing. I guess I would get a bit cynical too if I worked at a place that had one person after another just interested in saving money, as opposed to tickling their taste-buds. Who knows, he might even get his 'second wind' with brewing if we show him some love. On the other hand he might talk about alcohol leaching through plastic in your kettle... groan....

Hey I went for a surf this morning, could have used a bit more squirt out there. Very lumpy on the beachies :(

See you soon! How good is it of Kegs to start shuttling stuff from Craftbrewer! ? legend...

Latest posts

Back