Son Of A ...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find I get leaks from my unattached gas disconnects...hook them all up to kegs, and no leaks. Have spoken to others who have had the same issue.
Just pictured my setup... I had the T piece on... one in the Keg, one sitting there. I had always left the gas on before, but connected to kegs... Oh....my....God!!!!

Never doing that again.

I had a leak near the check valve - due to the gas tubing being bent causing the seal between the tube and the barb on the valve to stretch slightly. I now make sure there's slack in the line.

Am thinking about purchasing a gas bottle for my winter warmers (with a nitro mix) and leaving my existing one for summer (with a trad CO2 mix). figured that if I run out for any reason, switching over wouldn't kill me, and I get the benefits of the nitrogen mix for my irish ales and stouts.

Sorry Simon, only just reading this thread for the first time, but if I was home you could have picked up and used my big spare one (just shoot me through an sms next time).

Am thinking about purchasing a gas bottle for my winter warmers (with a nitro mix) and leaving my existing one for summer (with a trad CO2 mix). figured that if I run out for any reason, switching over wouldn't kill me, and I get the benefits of the nitrogen mix for my irish ales and stouts.

Sorry Simon, only just reading this thread for the first time, but if I was home you could have picked up and used my big spare one (just shoot me through an sms next time).
Next time I will, mate. We gotta catch up soon. I've been busy stuffing up a hopper for my mill.

Latest posts

Back