• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Soda Stream Adaptor

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goat said:
nice reg. setup there warb !
thanks, thats for the main bottle, i'm now on the hunt for a cheap single second hand one this little bottle..

Just got myself a adaptor myself today...
heres a pic, full stainless steel with a tap. only 30 beans!!!

hope you look in envy... bwahaha ;)

DSC02666.JPG

does anyone know where to get a cheap-ass regulator to keep on these things?

How/where did you get that one? I'd be keen if you had access to another.

Cheers, Justin

P.S. Are the threads on the old and new SS bottles the same?

i know a guy here in townsville that makes em up.

dunno how many more i can get.. if any.

and also not sure on the threads cos i dont actually have a cyl yet. however, im told they fit perfectly with those alCOjet brand ones, (cos their the ones he sells with them usually) theres a pic of one on "warbs" post a couple of posts ago.

Hoops!

Got back from holiday to find my adaptor here waiting for me !! :D

...Five minutes later I had a sodastream bottle and regulator on it and it was hooked up to my miracle box just waiting for a test run :chug:

Thanks, mate! ;)

i'll get some pics in soon!!

Good to hear everyone is happy with the adaptors.

Justin - the new bottles are the exact same thread as the old bottle. There are a couple of subtle differences with the old and new bottles:

The old bottles are steel and new ones are aluminium.
The old steel ones have a purge valve so they are better if you fill them yourself.
The new ones are larger capacity - old ones 250g, the new ones 330g from memory, so they are probably better for most people.
The new ones are longer and around the same diameter so no real probs there.

All up the new bottles are probably better especially if you just swap them at Kmart as they are stopping people swapping them for steel ones plus they are a larger capacity, however I wouldn't knock back an old steel one if it was cheap.

Hoops

I have had some extra sodastream adaptors made up so if anyone wants one they are ready to go.

One more thing about the bottles. The old steel ones have a round base, the new ones have a flat base. The new ones are looking more and more attractive i think.

Hoops

Hoops, I would like to get my hands on one of these adapters if possible sent to Sydney so please get in touch.

Mine arrived yesterday thanks Hoops. I only checked the letterbox this morning.
It looks the business, and as soon as I score myself another regulator it will be put into business in the shed.

Thanks again,
Doc

No worries Doc, glad to be of assistance

andysbrew, have sent PM about the adaptor

Hoops

Hoops said:
No worries Doc, glad to be of assistance
Won an auction on eBay yesterday for a CO2 regulator, so now just have to score a soda stream bottle to do swaps with at KMark and I'm in business.

Thanks again Hoops.

Beers,
Doc

doc, when I was at Kmart, they said the bottles are $30 to 'buy' ... they did not scan it so it may not be right ... I have been garage sale hunting a while, then I eventually paid for a near new soda stream machine with a bottle.

Your probably right Warb, as Mitre 10 (hardware store) has what they class as a spare bottle (so you don't get caught empty) for an outright purchase of $39. Mitre 10 are thieving rogues so they probably are $30 at Kmart.

FWIW Doc, I was watching that reg on ebay but decided against it at the last minute, no reason why just thought I'd pass on it. Good work anyway.

Cheers, Justin

Iwas watching it too, But I bought one of those alloy 10lt party kegs a few days before.

Hey All,

I have a question about these soda stream bottles. Do they keep the Co2 as liquid or compressed gas? How much beer can they push out of a keg before needing a refill?

Cheers,
ToS

ToS,
If you are careful, you'll get three X 18L kegs. If you sugar prime, you will get twice as many.
The gas is liquid and your contents gauge will show around 1000 Kilopickles until all the gas has evaporated then it will drop to zero very quickly, so the contents gauge is really only a late warning system.
The best way to monitor your usage is to weigh bottle and gauges at start then you know you have 300 grams (or 150 litres CO2) to go.

Just got another soda stream gas bottle for $8 from "The Tender Centre" Looks in really good condition and it's still got gas in it! :super:

I also have another 5 soda stream adaptors if anyone wants one. If so just send a pm.

Hoops

Hey Linz how did that 10lt alloy keg work out i seen them on e-bay as well are they a goer

K Mart & Soda stream won't exchange the old steel bottles - but Woolworths will - just sourced & swaped 5 bottles.... :D

Back