Small Swap - 6 X Longnecks In Syd - Anyone Keen?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
useful information there phrak , not only the page you posted but the site has many bits and peices of helpfullness...

Nice one phrak, it's in my favourites, ready to check out at lunchtime.

The more I look the easier partials and AG seem.
In the meantime I still have 2 kits ready waiting to try. The Coopers APA, and an ESB Belgian Smoked Ale!

The Ho's coming along nicely! Another week and it'll be ready for bottlin'.

Partials are fairly simple procedure petes , just a bit of waiting time involved thats all, which can be used to clean and sterilize fermenting containers and equipment whilst keeping an eye on procedings ... i do my boil in the shed on one of those "fly spray" portable gas cookers to keep the smell out of the house works a treat ....

as for All Grain i have yet to venture upon that ground but im told its an all day affair....

Barramundi,

Re: all day to go AG

For some time now I have been mashing in at 6am. With such an early start,
the yeast is pitched at about midday, just in time to sit down & have lunch
with my girls and then a spot of packing away after.

But give me a whole day to brew, and I can fill it happily :)

Rgds,
Peter
(ex Tempe, NSW)

cheers Peter , still a six hour process though , not saying its not worth it but its a long procedure involved is all...

nonetheless i know i will do it one day , just dont have the time or space to do it at present ... do you have one of these fancy brewstand /autogogomagic numbers or do you do it stove and esky style ??

The Ho is a'bottled and packed away!
Should be lovely by the time the swap comes around.
Pete
:)

In the meantime I still have 2 kits ready waiting to try. The Coopers APA, and an ESB Belgian Smoked Ale!

I always meant to try to that ESB belgian smoked ale be sure to let me know how it goes!

I always meant to try to that ESB belgian smoked ale be sure to let me know how it goes!

I must admit I'm a bit scared of this smoked kit, but it's supposed to be superb with a BBQ.
I'll be doing this in a little while, and will let u know.
Pete

Last night I finally cracked open Thommo's Californian Common last night with a mate. Damn delicious it was!
My mates wife thought it was pretty good too. Quite sweet, and the schweppes bottle size was a great move. I've started to collect a few schweppes bottles now.

Well be it some what delayed with things of kaos that have been happening at home lately the brew for the swap is well under way, boiled up the mini mash on wednesday night and its been bubblin away happily since thursday morning, hopefully it will finish up by mid this week and give me a week racking/clearing time then a few weeks bottle conditioning before swap day...

you guys might have to drink mine last to give it a bit more bottle time to fizz but it should be ok, at one stage i thought i might have had to pull out of the deal all together but thankfully that was avoided..

OHHH and the beer , Morgans Royal Oak Amber Ale , with extra Amber malt and malted grains and 2 stage hopped.... hopefully should be a good one ....

The Ho in the Gaarden (a TCB Summer Wheat Wetpak) is ready for the swap.
Gave it the first taste on the weekend. It doesn't taste or look anything like a Hoegaarden, but it's bloody sensational, and ready for summer!
Looking forward to the swap.
Pete

My chocolate porter has been bottled for a month now so should be consumeable once its settled after the car trip ie a week.

Will try in the next couple of days.

Just had a geeze over the past 3 pages and cant find what date we are actually swapping???

My chocolate porter has been bottled for a month now so should be consumeable once its settled after the car trip ie a week.

Will try in the next couple of days.

Just had a geeze over the past 3 pages and cant find what date we are actually swapping???

Yum yum, choc porter!
I'm pretty sure it's the 24th September at Phrak's place?
Pete

This maybe a issue for myself and possibly Neddy as well as we have a brewers meet planned for the 23 september and I know justifying it to the warden maybe impossible.....

But if everyone else is set on this date I'll make sure I am there.

Hi Guys -

Sorry to jump in...I'm out in Western Sydney (St. Marys) reasonbly new to the brew scene looking to compare also. Would be keen to swap with others similar to this thread.

Cheers,

Sean.

Hi Guys -

Sorry to jump in...I'm out in Western Sydney (St. Marys) reasonbly new to the brew scene looking to compare also. Would be keen to swap with others similar to this thread.

Cheers,

Sean.

G'day Sean, welcome to AHB :beer: This particular swap is all-but-done (people have already bottled their swapping beers), but you're more than welcome to come along to my house on the 24th to say g'day. I've got plenty of room :) I'm sure if you were to bring along a few of your wares, they wouldn't go to waste - some of us may even be happy to bring/spare a few extras to mini-swap with you B) .

Tim.

Just tried my chocolate porter last night.

Not as in your face as I feared with all the different grains I was using, but still quite flavoursome dark ale with a nice chocolatey smell and aftertaste.

Good head retention as well....

Looking forward to getting feedback off people.

Hi Guys -

Cheers,

Sean.

G'day Sean, welcome to AHB :beer: This particular swap is all-but-done (people have already bottled their swapping beers), but you're more than welcome to come along to my house on the 24th to say g'day. I've got plenty of room :) I'm sure if you were to bring along a few of your wares, they wouldn't go to waste - some of us may even be happy to bring/spare a few extras to mini-swap with you B) .

Tim.

Hi Sean, I can throw in an extra bottle or two (of my "Ho", or something else) if there's interest in a mini-swap, or 2nd 6 pack swap.
Pete

why dont we all bring seven bottles and includes sean in the swap or is that too painful at this stage of the game ??

im happy to swap a couple of bottles with ya if ya wanna either way sean as im sure others will too ?

Back