Small Swap - 6 X Longnecks In Syd - Anyone Keen?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know i have 6 750ml bottles... not too sure about 12... I have a million 660 ml bottles though

I have six conditioning at the moment, got a couple more for 'the pool room'.

Don't have too much time on my hands at the moment to do another batch, two small kids, sleep deprived wife, cranky boss (Not the wife, work boss!)

Anyway these six taste ok to share with other brewers, dont like handing out untested stuff to people who know... :huh:

So, I prefer six.

i know i have 6 750ml bottles... not too sure about 12... I have a million 660 ml bottles though

Dem dere 660ml bottles are an evil bottle, only 6ml off the devil's bottle...

yeah I have a 'few' of those babys too, I hide them at the back of my bottle collection where they happily catch dust.

Must remember to thank coopers for bringing back the 'pickaxe' 750. Forms the 'workers' of my bottle collection, the champers bottles are the ones I age for as long as I can in 'the pool room'.

Hiya Lads,

Back after a nice long weekend.

Tasted my brew on the weekend, and it's good to go.
It's the Weihnacten ("Christmas" in German) Amber Lager. My own concoction so I'm pretty happy it worked out okay.

I'm happy for just one 750ml, but in case there are others interested in starting up a 2nd swap, I'll be in for that too, as I cooked up a Summer Wheat Wetpak yesterday.

Pete

UPDATE ...

gulpa ... 6
phrak... 6
drew82... 12
barra ... whatever goes, but prefer 12 for the reasons drew mentioned...
boozy... 6
andyL... 6
petes... 6

well swappers it looks like the majority says six so SIX it shall be !! see you all on the 24th of September at Phraks place ...

Bugger - you go to watch the All Blacks kick arse in QLD and stuff just passes you by!

That Lager of mine should be re-labled - it's still not clear after 4 weeks CCing in my fridge - but it's a nice smooth drop so I'd love to hear a new name for it!

Cheers - ike

Bugger - you go to watch the All Blacks kick arse in QLD and stuff just passes you by!

That Lager of mine should be re-labled - it's still not clear after 4 weeks CCing in my fridge - but it's a nice smooth drop so I'd love to hear a new name for it!

Cheers - ike

That's not the "little lager" you're talking about is it, Mike?

dont worry zoom there will be more swaps im sure ...

LABELS:

Officeworks have great stock on white labels that come on flat sheets for feeding into your computer's printer, in a range of sizes.

I found some that were about 100 mm X 75 mm, the cheap brand were $32 for a pack of 800 labels, so 4 cents a label. But you have to make a lot of beer.....This is about 2 years supply for me.

Maybe you swappers could throw in for a shared supply....
just a crazy idea.

good stuff robbo, im was gonna go to officeworks myself the other day and check out sizes etc etc ....

keeps your eyes peeled for the next brew swap too

Cheers - ike

That's not the "little lager" you're talking about is it, Mike?

Indeed. THe Loafing Little Cloudy Psuedo-Lager, to be correct!

Cheers - Mike

Ok, we are sorted for who is in...

What are you's offering???

I'm (as a dedicated KKK man (Kit, kilo + kilo)) putting in the ESB bavarian wheat, fermented with the 'Southern German Lager' WLP 838 and dry hopped with hallertau. (oh yes and the extra helping of dry malt, think I put some liquid malt in too) :beerbang:

Doesn't really taste like a wheat and it's very clear, any suggestions for what I should call this beer :huh:?

It tastes good to me, strongish and tasty.

I might put in my own suggestion of "Boozy's side show".

I want to make a HUGE one for Boozy's Big Top.

(But I did want to ask what style did you think this would come under, rather that just a silly name.)

(stop talking to yourself and answering your own questions with the wrong answer, people will point and stare.)

(Shutup, you are doing it again)

(Oh sorry)

(I said Shutup!)

Sorry Boozy, can't help you out with your names, I'm shithouse at that sort of thing... but,

You've got a choice of beer for me to swap this time:
  • English Oak Ale fermenting at the moment... Made with real Oak chips. .
  • ESB Czech Pilsner - more bitter than the average.
  • ESB Bavarian Lager - pretty standard lager.
  • Oktoberfest Lager
So take your pick :)

Your lager's in the fridge ready for the weekend Mike. I've still got Thommo's Californian Common waiting to share with a mate.

Phrak, they all sound great to me! The oak ale or the oktoberfest stand out.

Just clarifying my 6... I can do either the Weihnachten Amber Lager, or a Summer Wheat Wetpak (Ho in a Gaarden), so I'm open to suggestions.

Pete

Phrak, the Oktoberfest or the bavarian sound the go to me.

Pete, go the ho!

Yeah I'm starting to lean towards the Ho myself... something a bit different, and it tastes pretty good so far.
So many brews to do, so little empty bottles. :party:

you need kegs petesbrew saves the empty bottle problems....

Back