Small Swap - 6 X Longnecks In Syd - Anyone Keen?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you need kegs petesbrew saves the empty bottle problems....

Bloody Oath, Barra.
But wiht a bub on the way in a months time, cash for things like that will be a thing of the past.
Geez i still have to get a beer fridge (with a shelf dedicated to wine, of course!).

Till then at least I work out the triceps from cappin' those bottles.

not exactly sure yet , better get my self inta gear time's a tickin , might have to get the gear and do another partial for the swap ,

i know what ya mean too we had a little one in march the strings have tightened i can tell ya nappies aint cheap and neither is formula....

Yes we had 2nd little boozy in May, no formula, his supplier has enough to fill, but time to brew for me? :huh:

woah that was close a near disaster the missus got a birthday present to go somewhere on the 23rd of sept , thought for a second that was our swap day... so close, still wouldve worked but wouldve had to bring junior along for the ride ...

Junior brewers, assistant brewers and partners are more than welcome to come along :)

Cracked open the Loafin' Little Lager on friday night Mike,
It was a great beer. Crisp and refreshing. I reckon I could do a session on these on a long hot summers afternoon!
Looking forward to the next swap. The Ho is coming along nice and slowly (due to the 16c temp in the garage).

I'm going to have to pull out guys... Pretty sure I've had a problem with carbonation (basically none at all!!! :angry: ) and yes... I added the extra sugar, capped it all properly blah blah blah... It just tastes like malty, brown water :( NOT HAPPY JAN!!!

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew, how long has it been bottled for?

My APA and Porter both took about 6 weeks to carbonate. The porter took at least this long to get *ANY* carbonation at all.

I wouldn't be too quick to bail just yet, you've got another 7 or so weeks till the swap.

Its been approximately 3 weeks... I'm hoping it'll come good... Don't really want to chuck it down the drain yet... It tastes pretty good... Just a little (or a lot) flat!

Cheers,
Andrew

shit man, what are you thinking?! KEEP IT!

Seriously, stick it in the garage or under the house or in the laundry or wherever is nice and dark and just leave it for a few weeks. As long as you put the right amount of Dex or sugar in for the style (what'd you brew, how much sugar/dex, and at what temp?) then you'll be right.

It was just a basic amber ale, with a morgans caramalt tin. Made up to 20L, brewed at approximately 18 degrees and dextrose (180g) was used for priming. I'm not going to toss it yet, I still have that little bit of hope for it!

Cheers,
Andrew

dont worry about it andrewl, after all its only a six bottle swap, if its flat its flat big deal we will get over it , if nothin else youll get to meet a few guys with interests in at least one thing that youre interested in and like phrak said by then it could be gassed to the hills , i havent even brewed yet so you got nothin to worry about ....
judging with my limited knowledge on what youve said above theres no real reason it wont fire up, although ive never primed with dextrose and am totally ignorant to it in that regard....

lemme guess, you used secondary fermentation, right?

It's only because there's less yeast in suspension now to carb up at your usual speed. It just takes time :)

Patience Andrew-san :ph34r:

Cracked open the Loafin' Little Lager on friday night Mike,
It was a great beer. Crisp and refreshing. I reckon I could do a session on these on a long hot summers afternoon!
Looking forward to the next swap. The Ho is coming along nice and slowly (due to the 16c temp in the garage).

Thanks mate - it's at the end of the keg now - I compared it glass to glass with a bottle of Hahn Pale Ale - from the keg, my wife couldn't see or taste a difference. It's pretty much exactly the same. Funny for a 'lager'....?!

Cheers - Mike

Carbination shmarbination.... I'll drink it, Andrew.
My own carbination levels are all over the shop anyway. Practice makes perfect.

Looking forward to the choc porter, DC82!

Cheers mate.

Its only my second partial, but formulated with the help of the many brewing guro's on here hopefully I've made the grade as I've followed the procedure to the letter!

Back