Small Swap - 6 X Longnecks In Syd - Anyone Keen?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gulpa, I cracked open the porter last night, and didn't want the bottle to end. Soo nice, sooo smooooth!
I loved the aromas of dark chocolate and coffee. A real winter warmer!

What's your secret, mate?

Pete

If anyone else is up for a swap(6 or 12 longnecks) sometime soon let me know , always good to sample others wares and get an honest opinion of what yours is really like ,also a good way to meet new people with a common interest ,
maybe a mid september swap ??? should give enough time for a brew and decent bottle conditioning period

happy to travel within reason for the meet-up and swap session ...

i could do early august for another one

I've got an Amber Ale that I bottled this arvo which could be used for the next swap. Probably nothing like Barls' vanilla bean one (but I'm getting there!) :p

Cheers,
Andrew

im actually thinking of doing that one again just for the reason that everyone loves it

Early August is probably a bit too early for me , as thats like next week almost, i dont actually have any beer bottled yet so id have to do a brew then do the swap, hence my suggestion of mid september...

so is that barls in and andrewl also ?? i think drewcarey82 is also keen so if you two guys are in we only need a few more and we are good to go

im only in so long as im not going away again soon current estimates of when we leave is mid august but ill be back in november, might have to be in one then

could always drop your lot off early to mid august if you wanna be in and have the last batches in by mid to late sept and delivery to all late september or does everyone want to meet ,greet and swap or someone gather(have them delivered) all beers and distribute them (have them picked up) ??

we will see how we go, as i have some ready now but it will be a choice between my dark larger and my bitter as i dont have enough of anything else

I think we should do something like the last one where we all meet up, can have a chat etc. Maybe mid to late august at the earliest so it can give some people some time to get a brew done. Personal opinion anywy.
Gulpa, tasting your Scottish Ale right now... Another great drop mate! Beautiful dark/amberish colour, beautiful mouthfeel, beautiful foamy head... Just all round beautiful!

Cheers,
Andrew

thats my theory too andrewl , I personnally dont even have that many loing necks at the moment , not that it will be hard to get those but i also need to brew the beer too... as for the meet up when we have definate starters we will find a spot central to everyone and go there perhaps a park or something like that where theres a table to sit down at for a bit for a chat and be able to exchange wares, pubs dont like ya doin that on their premises sadly...

Are you a definate yes andrewl ?

SO FAR WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING SHOWING INTEREST..

Myself - Definate Starter
DrewCarey82 - Definate Starter
AndrewL - ???
Barls - Date Dependant ???

need 3 more to go ahead
or if not we can do it anyway just end up with more than one bottle of someones beer which isnt a bad thing either...

Yeah, count me in :)
You've got a choice of beer for me to swap this time:
  • English Oak Ale fermenting at the moment... Made with real Oak chips. Should be ready by late August.
  • Czech Pilsner - more bitter than the average.
  • Bavarian Lager - pretty standard lager.
So take your pick :)

Also, I'm happy to have the swap done at my place. I live in Baulkham Hills so it's reasonably central(ish). At least then we can sit-down and have a coffee/tea/beer and have a decent chat :)

The offer's open.

Tim.

Hi guys,

I have a weird Euro amber lager that I whipped up recently. I'll give it a taste this weekend and if it's up to scratch you can put me down.

Hi Guys,

Ill be in for another if theres a spot. Im bottling 2 batches on the weekend, an APA and an Irish. Cant say which is best yet. Im not sure either will be as good as the porter in the last swap.

Thanks Pete and AndrewL for the feedback on my beers. Pete, I wish I could say I had a secret or spent years tweaking, but I cant. I followed the directions on the kit, just added a bit more malt because I love a malty beer in winter. Ill be doing this one again, for sure.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Hi Guys,

Ill be in for another if theres a spot. Im bottling 2 batches on the weekend, an APA and an Irish. Cant say which is best yet. Im not sure either will be as good as the porter in the last swap.

Thanks Pete and AndrewL for the feedback on my beers. Pete, I wish I could say I had a secret or spent years tweaking, but I cant. I followed the directions on the kit, just added a bit more malt because I love a malty beer in winter. Ill be doing this one again, for sure.

Cheers,
Andrew.

No worries, I've still got the label from your porter so I'll use it as a starting point when I get around to trying it.

Back