Slow Or Forced Carbing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you do

• force carbing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • slow carbing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I usually hook mine up at pouring pressure 100kpa and in 7-10 days it ready

KHB

spot on vice, mantis knows the drill.

Thanks Mantis and Fents

Ill give that a go as my last efforts force carbing where miserable..

Cheers Vice

48hrs @ 40 psi, then burp, and serve at 5 or so psi. No shaking required. As long as you end up with carbed beer it doesnt really matter i think.

vice,
the intermediate option is a combo of shake, and sit....
shake the keg, roll it around, for a good 1/2 hour, or more. At serving pressure. Whilst watching the telly, or sitting down having a beer, or whatever. At this point, the beer will be carbed, but under. Usually it's actually OK to have a couple if you don't have anything else available, and don't mind low carbonation beer........but then after 24-48hrs on the gas, it has itself sorted out. No danger of overcarbing, like other shake methods, cos the regulator isn't moved off serving pressure....but a good couple of days quicker than just letting it sit....

i force carb at 3 bar dont know the kpa or psi 3 bar is but i do it for 30-40 sec then back to serve pressure so you dont get over carbed beer but still enough carb to have a sample. :chug:

24 hours @ 300kPa, then back to pouring pressure for 2-3 days and its perfect!! :chug:

:icon_cheers: SJ

So everyone gassing 250-350 over a day or two do you have a secondary reg or are you dissconecting gas lines from other kegs while gassing. So i might try 250kpa for 36hours and see how that works. Im assuming you all leave your gas bottles on all the time at pouring pressure too??

KHB

I hook up pouring pressure (70-75kpa) and leave, fridge runs at 2.5-3 deg c, I have two 50 lt kegs, so one serving one pouring, once the second keg is good to go, usually 7-10 day ( a 50 lt remember), I will hook it up and start to drink it too. Kegs last around 100 days each.

I have forced when required, cold keg, 300 kpa for 36 hours, set to pour and all good.

275 for 48, no shaking.

Never fails.

Been a while since this topic was bought up for discussion.

I dont need the beer till xmas - but it has been in the fridge for about 3 weeks at 3.5/4 deg C..... Force carbing (The method psted on here) has worked well in the past, but that is because I was impatient. At present I am on a diet till xmas and this means no beer :( so I have time to burn.

If I hook up the 19L keg at say ~100 KPA (14 PSI) and leave it for a week or two (i serve somewhere between 12-18 PSI) it should be good yeah?

Thoughts?

A week or two at serving pressure is fine - doesn't need more pressure over that time period.

So, will it matter if it is gassed up to serving pressure from today untill the 24th of Dec?

Will it be over carbonated?

Back