Slow Or Forced Carbing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you do

• force carbing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • slow carbing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So, will it matter if it is gassed up to serving pressure from today untill the 24th of Dec?

Will it be over carbonated?

Set it to your serving pressure (mine is generally 12 - 14psi) and it can never gas up more than that. So yes, it will be ok.

QldKev

Of course if you're trying to avoid drinking it until Xmas, don't hook it up for a couple of weeks yet.
It would be too tempting for me.

I'm with QldKev.

Leaving at serving pressure for 1 to 2 weeks won't over carbonate your beer.

I force carbonate my beers most of the time (due to impatience and lack of any other beer) but when carbonated, they always remain at serving pressure and never get any more carb'd then it already is.

I am trying to get used to carbing at serving pressure when stock permits me to do so. It means it is at least a couple of weeks matured when ready to drink.

Enjoy your Xmas beer. If you last that long ;)

Pouring pressure (10psi on my system) 4 days and it's drinkable... 14 days and it's matured and tastier...

if u carbonate at serving pressure it will be the same pressure when u crack the tap at chrissy it dont go up just equalizes at say 10 psi or what ever ya regulator has on it if u set at say 10 psi it stays at that it dont keep going up.
my last keg was in the kegger for over a month , was perfectly carbonated and serverd beutifull i just use the same pressure which is 12psi or about 3/4 bar

Back