Slow Or Forced Carbing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you do

• force carbing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • slow carbing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KHB

All Grain All The Time
Reaction score
Just wondering what the majority do.

Cheers KHB

I use to force carb, now I just purge the head space and leave the keg connected for approx 2-3 weeks at serving pressure. Helps when I have six kegs ahead of the two I've just filled.

I use to force carb, now I just purge the head space and leave the keg connected for approx 2-3 weeks at serving pressure. Helps when I have six kegs ahead of the two I've just filled.

:eek: Kit brewer?

BYB

You dont have to be a kit brewer to be well planned ahead for your beers on tap! That was a bit of an odd question!

As for my keg beer, I hook the gas up to the beer out so it bubbles the gas in from the bottom and set the reg at 250kps for 48 hrs. As long as its cold when i put it on the gas its carbed perfectly every time. After 48 hrs, i hook the gas up to the gas in and set it at pouring pressure to equalise untill the drinking keg blows. THen its a 2 minuite operation to have another beer on tap.

So i voted slow as i dont shake my keg......... and using 50 liter kegs makes this difficult seing as i only weigh 80 odd kgs myself

cheers

I voted slow as I hook the gas up for 2 days at around 250kpa then knock it back to 150 for another 4 -5days.

I voted slow as well , i leave at 200kpa for 36hrs release pressure then connect at serving pressure for a week then leave till tapping time. I generally know when the drinking keg is getting low then i just connect the conditioning keg in anticipation.

Cool keg, then 280kpa for 24 hours then vent down to pouring pressure.

The keg I am drinking at the moment I forced by turning the gas up high and rocking the keg. This gassed it up alright but its been pouring too heady now, even with the pressure down just enough to push it out.

I have been connecting my kegs up to serving pressure and leaving for a week to condition/carb. Only have 2 kegs at the moment but have another 4 on their way from Ross. I hope to have 2 kegs on tap while having 2 hooked up to serving temp and c/cing.

Cheers
Rob

you left out naturally prime

just force carbed a keg tonight as per AHB instructions. Waiting the hour before I tune back to serving pressure. Probably wont try one until tomorrow night though.

It varies for me depending on stock levels, but generally 175kPa for 48hrs, then back to serving pressure.

24hrs @ 275KPA does me...may the force be with you.

Like most of the other force carb boys I just hook up at 350Kpa for 20 to 24 hours , vent a little and drink. Perfect every time. NO SHAKING HERE.

Slow, I usually have one or two kegs of beer waiting to replace any that may blow, they are slow carbing in a fridge especially for that purpose.

Back