Slow Day At Work Been Thinking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo2234

Reaction score
Hi All,

it has been spoken about a heap of times on you can weigh you kegs to find out how much beer you have left, I have been thinking with all those techos out there is there a way to wire up a pressure pad under your keg in the fridge and have the display mounted outside the fridge? obviously you would need one pad per keg.

saves you having to open the fridge to check and letting out all that cold air.
plus I am lazy too!

Thanks

I can't believe how you guys just want to make things more complicated ( nothing against you Robbo, I see this all the time).

When your kegs are empty it goes sssshhhh and nothing comes out, so you could have a running weight of your kegs content. What are we achieving here? The kegs almost empty so I'll stop drinking it? I better get ready ( perhaps do a take 5 ) to change over to another keg?
Guys RAHAHB, or in Robbo's case get back to work :lol: :lol: :lol:

Batz

Would you waste more electricity by opening the fridge or the pressure unit running constantly? :ph34r:

I can't believe how you guys just want to make things more complicated ( nothing against you Robbo, I see this all the time).

When your kegs are empty it goes sssshhhh and nothing comes out, so you could have a running weight of your kegs content. What are we achieving here? The kegs almost empty so I'll stop drinking it? I better get ready ( perhaps do a take 5 ) to change over to another keg?
Guys RAHAHB, or in Robbo's case get back to work :lol: :lol: :lol:

Batz
Yeah but mate we are old skool, I dont care how much is left, just if there is another to take its place.
Nev

I know when they are getting close by the anxiety levels and the build up of sleepless hours if a have no other kegs of that particular brew to replace them.

Or even if i do ave other kehs, but none cold and gassed.

I am very aware of the last few litres in that case.

Unless of course i have 4 kegs worth in the fermenter ready for kegging, need the fermenter space for the next beer i'm brewing the day after tommorow and only two empty kegs. :eek:

NeverSeenAManDrinkSoHardPunkin

This might help you out http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_p...products_id=379
it's a bit of expensive kit and needs to be calibrated to your system but if you really need to know how much beer is left this will do it .
But i'm with Batz when who needs it it's just like a game of russian roulette (minus the being dead part) when she blows just reload and start again.

Put the money into a couple more kegs, problems solved!

Yeah but mate we are old skool, I dont care how much is left, just if there is another to take its place.
Nev

Old skool ? Perhaps but I like things simple..like me :p

I brew more than I drink so there's always another keg, home brews made to share.

Batz

Actually I like the idea... Just another piece of bling really. I just mentioned it in another thread moments ago, but you can get scales with remote readouts that could do the job.

If you didn't filter your beer you 'might' start getting a little cloudier towards the very end.

Saves cost of a filter & scales to boot!

^^ ... but means your precious last litre is cloudy. (some people don't like that, me included)

I don't mind it unless its a glass full of yeast!
Love the taste of it, I usually scoop the last of yeast from the fermenter on legging day and make pizza. Or like I did this time, let it sour overnight and make some very dense and crumbly sourdough bread.

Back on topic! Yeah, if you like it clear you like it clear.

Yeah its a bit of bling.

I like the creating bit of this hobby the beer and the equipment.
still slowly getting bits together for my EBIAB keggle,,,,, slowly!! lol

you know some times you have a had a keg on for a while and you have a bbq coming up and you think I wonder how much I have left.

p.s WHERE THE F*CK IS MY GRAPE!!!! :p

Latest posts

Back