Cheeky Peak BrewFerm

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy-Gun

Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone seen the new 50L single vessel Cheeky Peak released a few days ago. Looks pretty cool, basicaly doubles as a unitank. Has this been done before? Price point is not too shabby if you consider having to buy a stainless fermeter separately.

What do you guys think?

PROS?

CONS?

Im after some opinions

-Going straight from the boil to cooling and fermenting in the same vessel has gotta save time on sanitising etc.
-You would have to run a glycol system though as you wont be moving the heavy bugger into the fermentaion fridge while full IMHO.
-Can dump out the trub before pitching i assume.

Yeah this caught my eye as well. There’s a product in the states called brewha that is similar but apart from that I couldn’t find heaps. Haven’t seen much discussion about it though.

The price ($1500) seems odd cos individually the fermenter is $570, controller $520, 50L basket $165, element $65 and pump $60, which still leaves $120? I guess there’s some valves and leg extensions and other stuff in the kit but you’d think they’d offer a package deal?

I think they’re currently offering a free pump upgrade (65W) on it.

The product itself looks really good though…imagine a brew day with barely any clean up!

Keen to see how the market receives it and other people opinions on it.

If there was a model that could pump out a 50-60L batch I’d definitely be keen to see it!

The 50L realisticly can do a 44L batch but they suggest 37.5-40L due to headspace.

Keen to see people's experiences/reviews not something I'd buy personally

Still not a huge fan of the clamp design for the pressure lids on these

You would have to also clean off any boil residue post ferment as well, so any boil scum/hop scum etc would be there while fermenting

I do like Cheeky Peak, their equipment is well made and durable, I have one of their insulated mash tuns which when I bought it was in my opinion the best mash tun I could get.

I Just had a quick look at the BrewFerm, it seems to me that you would have $1500 of brewery tied up in one brew and not be able to mash any brews until the fermenter is empty. I would need to add additional fermenters to support my habit, especially if doing lagers. Other than than I expect it is very well made and will outlast it's owner.

I do like Cheeky Peak, their equipment is well made and durable, I have one of their insulated mash tuns which when I bought it was in my opinion the best mash tun I could get.

I Just had a quick look at the BrewFerm, it seems to me that you would have $1500 of brewery tied up in one brew and not be able to mash any brews until the fermenter is empty. I would need to add additional fermenters to support my habit, especially if doing lagers. Other than than I expect it is very well made and will outlast it's owner.
Great point, can't brew another beer until after its finished

Yeh nice one Sidney. Didn't think about having all the gear tied up until kegging. Hmm that is a big negative for me.

I'm seriously considering the 50L all in one. I generally don't have a need to mash and boil while I have beer fermenting, so I think it could work. It certainly is an investment, as it would involve moving away from a fermentation fridge to a glycol setup as mentioned.

Has anyone here bitten the bullet and tried one yet?

Looks good, but all the ad-ons starts to get expensive.

https://cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/nano-x-304ss-50l-brewferm-the-true-single-vessel

NANO – X 304SS 50L BrewFerm: The True Single Vessel​

$1,315.00

In stock

BrewFerm Upgrade Options
Add Chilling Pressure Lid ($339.00)
Upgrade to 65W Pro Pump ($165.00)
Upgrade to 10amp PID Controller ($195.00)
Upgrade to NANO Boss Controller ($450.00)
Power Controller ($65.00)

Looks good, but all the ad-ons starts to get expensive.

https://cheekypeakbrewery.com.au/nano-x-304ss-50l-brewferm-the-true-single-vessel

NANO – X 304SS 50L BrewFerm: The True Single Vessel​

$1,315.00

In stock

BrewFerm Upgrade Options
Add Chilling Pressure Lid ($339.00)
Upgrade to 65W Pro Pump ($165.00)
Upgrade to 10amp PID Controller ($195.00)
Upgrade to NANO Boss Controller ($450.00)
Power Controller ($65.00)
Agreed, it’s not cheap,

Depending on your requirements you’d probably grab the pressure lid and the PID controller for peace of mind repeatable brewing?

It comes with a pump already…

With those 2 options you’re up around $1850. 10% for Black Friday and you’re at $1670.

Back