Six months plus the cane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you noticed that nearly all the terror organisations on the planet are tee totallers? Maybe with the exception of the Basques.

Bribie G said:
Have you noticed that nearly all the terror organisations on the planet are tee totallers? Maybe with the exception of the Basques.
What about the IRA?

I don't much sympathy for the guy. He knew what the laws were, and that there would be punishment if he broke them. I don't agree with them, but he should have know better.

If you want to drink, do it in a country that it's legal in.

JD

JDW81 said:
What about the IRA?

I don't much sympathy for the guy. He knew what the laws were, and that there would be punishment if he broke them. I don't agree with them, but he should have know better.

If you want to drink, do it in a country that it's legal in.

JD
I'm in Jakarta ATM and alcohol can no longer be bought in small supermarkets here only larger shops .
There is also a bill before parliament here to ban alcohol totally in Indonesia.

spog said:
I'm in Jakarta ATM and alcohol can no longer be bought in small supermarkets here only larger shops .
There is also a bill before parliament here to ban alcohol totally in Indonesia.
I am barred from Indonesia, but a law to ban alcohol completely seems pretty stupid when they are trying to get tourists to go there. They should just follow Malaysia and how they control alcohol, under a Muslim government, charge an arm and a leg for it in the hotels frequented by tourists and cheap as chips in the supermarket.

wide eyed and legless said:
I am barred from Indonesia, but a law to ban alcohol completely seems pretty stupid when they are trying to get tourists to go there. They should just follow Malaysia and how they control alcohol, under a Muslim government, charge an arm and a leg for it in the hotels frequented by tourists and cheap as chips in the supermarket.
what'd you get up to in indo?

Malaysia is much more liberal (than SA) in a lot of ways: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Malaysia

spog said:
Bali will never be the same...

what'd you get up to in indo?
They have another law over there they can rip you off but you can't rip them off. It involved a shipment of shoes, I wasn't to know they cannot wear pigskin leather shoes, its not like they were going to eat them.

I'm not sure why he's annoyed at the embassy. He accepted his sentence and acknowledged he new he was doing the wrong thing. What was the embassy going to do? I can only understand his stance if he didn't get access to proper legal representation to ensure he got a deserving penalty, and then the embassy could have helped. But he said he accepted the sentence so he obviously thinks the sentence was fitting for the crime. :S

verysupple said:
I'm not sure why he's annoyed at the embassy. He accepted his sentence and acknowledged he new he was doing the wrong thing. What was the embassy going to do? I can only understand his stance if he didn't get access to proper legal representation to ensure he got a deserving penalty, and then the embassy could have helped. But he said he accepted the sentence so he obviously thinks the sentence was fitting for the crime. :S
His concern is that after serving his sentence, he is still in jail as a result of an administrative error. Due to a failure to lodge sentencing papers post-verdict, he has technically not served his six month sentence. Maybe some diplomatic assistance regarding this matter isn't unwarranted.

V excessive punishment imo. Back to medieval times?
Obviously if he was making beer and wine for personal consumption he should have left it at home and consume there with less chance of getting caught.

Otherside of the argument is you go somewhere like that to work and lets face it, its for the money you earn. If that means no booze then you choose to stay and take the money or leave and enjoy your lifestyle somewhere else.
I know what id pick given the choice.

Back