International Beer Collector - experiences, beers, etc

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what this says about my Christmas but this was definitely the highlight of the day. Had the regular tremens a few times bit this was outstanding
20171224_194500.jpg

Couriers must have busted a nut - I got mine in record time, week before christmas..

Some winning beers in it, for sure.
Also polished off my chimay barrel aged I got as a special from ibc - if I could do nothing but drink quad, I'd die happy (and possibly fat and senile).

Gents, IBC are fantastic. My wife had her wallet stolen at work (high school) and cancelled our shared cards including the CC. Bank made a mistake and re-issue was delayed. Mad season and didn't update my deets to IBC.

Got the loveliest reminder email, I explained what happened and was then told my monthly 6-pack was sent anyway. Updated my account online a little while later and all is good.

I've been drinking my IBC beers all holidays with an extra grin on my ugly mug.

Been holding off on rauch royal from a couple of months ago because rauch is not my favourite style. I like sausage and beer, not sausage beer.

However this one is surprisingly delicate and quite lovely. Yes, the smoke is there, but restrained with underlying sweet peach, soft bread and a nice dry finish.

Called in to see Jason the other day and was gifted a bottle of beer (he knows how I feel about barley wine) and a small wheel of cheese made by the brewer at De Molen (I suppose even brewers need a hobby).
I've never had a bad beer from De Molen but this barley wine was a step above the standard, probably the only criticism I could offer was its a touch boozy, but you would have to be very picky to call a near 12% beer for having a touch of alcohol in the flavour - other wise - Excellent!
The cheese made with the same barley wine was sharp to very tasty, probably a little too mature for the Bomb & Grenade barley wine to come through strongly, three of us made the barley disappear pretty quickly, and did some serious damage to the cheese to.
If you see either try them
Mark
B and G.jpg

Latest posts

Back