Silicone seal for Lid

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've recently purchased a KegLand Stainless Steel 32 ltr conical fermenter (not for pressure fermenting) . I wanted to get a spare/replacement silicone seal for the lid but KegLand don't seem to be able to provide one. I'm wondering if anyone has contacts with a "seal provider" where i might be able to purchase. Dimensions are:
Outside diameter 325mm Inside diameter 303mm Thickness 4mm Attached pics:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-13-18-35-31-69.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-13-18-35-31-69.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 0
I've recently purchased a KegLand Stainless Steel 32 ltr conical fermenter (not for pressure fermenting) . I wanted to get a spare/replacement silicone seal for the lid but KegLand don't seem to be able to provide one. I'm wondering if anyone has contacts with a "seal provider" where i might be able to purchase. Dimensions are:
Have a look on AliExpress they have loads all different sizes and uses.

If you're a dab hand with a silicone gun, you could always run a bead around and smooth it off with a nice soapy finger.

As a plumber in a former life, I can tell you its worth shelling out a few extra bux for the decent stuff.

Thanks Weal. I'll check it out. However, i do find it surprising that KegLand can supply new fermenters but not replacement parts, cheers
Doesn't surprise me, I thought by law when an item is imported and sold in Australia the importer must carry spare parts for the said item.

Hey @IanW
You have a nice choice on the fermenter! It's a bummer that KegLand doesn't have the spare silicone seal you're looking for. Have you tried reaching out to other homebrewing communities or forums? Sometimes fellow brewers have great recommendations for alternative seal providers or even DIY solutions. Your fermenter's dimensions are pretty specific, so finding the right fit might take a bit of searching, but I'm sure you'll track down what you need.
Good luck!!

Latest posts

Back