Show Us Your Mash Paddle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine, finished yesterday. After 9 coats of high temp marine varnish.

MashPaddleSmall1.JPG MashPaddleSmall4.JPG View attachment 9595

Stuck the sticker on before varnishing.

Here's a picture of my mash paddle. :lol: Haven't had a need to use it much though, Kits & bits is the way to go. :beer:
Oh, & BTW the pic was taken by a 5mp point & shoot digi. It's not what equipment you've got, it's the way that you use it that matters, eh Tangent. :D

That is a classic trophy and the picture has a medieval touch ,excellent

Pumpy :)

Why would you use a mash maddle when they have invented Steel's mashers and rakes, you guys are brewing the hard way, check out the photo

beraplan33.jpg

I use an old coopers plastic spoon (snapped in half of course) with 20cm of the handle left. It isnt uncommon for my hands to get burnt when trying to mix.

Im going to get a good wooden one once ive build the bigger mash tun. I would build a stainless one but after a few beers id be worried about scratching the inside of the SS mash tun.

Ash, the attached picture shows a paddle similar to, but by no means as prestigious as, the one you will be receiving shortly from ANAWBS. Yours is also brand new, not old and gnarled like mine.

The other objects in this still life are meant to represent a contemporary ANAWBS fashion parade. They show how styles have changed since Clive's success in 2000 ;)

trophies.JPG

Why would you use a mash maddle when they have invented Steel's mashers and rakes, you guys are brewing the hard way, check out the photo

beraplan33.jpg

Can I pick one of them up for five quid?

looks good wee stu, bigger than i was expecting :D

Herbstoffe.. where else may i have seen that... looks familiar.

After making this one last week:-

MashPaddleSmall1.JPG MashPaddleSmall4.JPG

I just couldn't use it, much too purdy! B)

So I slapped up another more traditional jobbie last night out of Tassie Oak while having a few JS Golden Ales. :D

MyTraditionalMashPaddleSmall1.JPG

Proud owner of a 2006 Borret original.

Powers through the doughballs of a 10kg grainbill with relative ease. :beerbang:

Do not insist on substitutes. :lol:

Warren -

DSC01472.JPG

DSC01473.JPG

:lol: Many thanks Mon. 'Tis but a pleasure.

May it bring more power to your brewing arm. :rolleyes:

Borret

Too understated... I'd prefer to call myself a Mash Paddle Slut. :rolleyes:

Warren -

As you can see from the shape my mash paddle originally had wooden handle but now sports a stainless steel one.

:beer:

Hmmmm....an insulated handle extension on top and you could turn the upper half into an immersion element with paddle on the bottom.

An Immersion Paddle, if you please!!

Cheers,
TL thinking outside the square! :ph34r:

As you can see from the shape my mash paddle originally had wooden handle but now sports a stainless steel one.

Hmmmm....an insulated handle extension on top and you could turn the upper half into an immersion element with paddle on the bottom.

Cheers,

Good idea TL but I am already in love with an immersion element like Screwtops .

Cheers,

Good idea TL but I am already in love with an immersion element like Screwtops .

You're welcome to use my immersion while I use your Erlenmyer flask Pete. The yeast I built up in it is doing a great job at present on my case contribution, smells fantastic. Hopefully my Erlenmyers will be here by the end of this week or early next week. Still looking for mag stir bars though.

Latest posts

Back