Show Us Your Mash Paddle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my mash paddle..... it's just a paint stirrer. Sometimes, if I suffer with a few persistent dough balls, I put it in a drill and belt the daylights out of them.

Got sick of the plastic spoon because it couldnt actually reach the bottom of the malt pipe without me sticking my hand in. Searched the shed and found a decent piece of wood in the way of an old hickory axe handle. Couldnt sleep last night so I went out and knocked this up wasnt planning on doing it just yet but knew I was mashing today so why not....worked really well. Ill probably make a nicer one later down the track but I like this for now, does the job and is home made and really really solid!

smashpaddle.jpg

Stu Brew said:
Got sick of the plastic spoon because it couldnt actually reach the bottom of the malt pipe without me sticking my hand in. Searched the shed and found a decent piece of wood in the way of an old hickory axe handle. Couldnt sleep last night so I went out and knocked this up wasnt planning on doing it just yet but knew I was mashing today so why not....worked really well. Ill probably make a nicer one later down the track but I like this for now, does the job and is home made and really really solid!
at least here you wont get questioned about using wood ;)

Back