Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My frame is re-purposed gal steel. I thoroughly ground the gal from around the weld points and it didn't smoke and spit much when welded.
I gave the whole frame a couple of high temp paint coats, and as suggested above, the paint has blistered around the really hot points.

Never mind, I'm very happy with the outcome.

I'll post pics when it's finished, nearly there. SS work surfaces and a couple of other things...

I guess my question is did anyone else use galvanised steel and if so, how did you get around the zinc

If you're worried about it, get a flapper disc or 2 on a grinder and grind off all the gal that may come in contact with flames or get super hot. Get it back to shiny steel and you'll be sweet. Or fork out a few bucks for different steel :p

My new rig turned up yesterday morning.
This was a gift from my Mum who passed away in October this year.
It certainly reignited my passion for brewing & I am looking forward to finally being able to do double batches.
There is no doubt about the quality of these units, they are extremely well built & the attention to detail is second to none.
I will be getting the 20lt Malt Pipe for experimental beers after Christmas. Looking forward to the first double batch of DSGA.

Braumeister - 50lt

20131220_192458.jpg

Money well spent, mate.

Will raise a glass to your Mum, never easy but somehow inevitable, all the best, mate.

Keep us posted on how you enjoy the BM, especially in compared to your RIMs rig... and BIAB'ing.

Cheers.

Well that's an awesome way to remember her: think about her while doing something you love using something she bought you. There will be a lot of love in your brews.

I thought I'd post up some details of my brewing rig. I built it about a year ago and I've since done about 20 brews on it; about to put down my first Saison today.

It's a simple gravity 3V with an igloo cooler mash tun and false bottom. The HLT is a crown urn with a camping mattress for insulation. The kettle is a 40L aluminium pot and the burner is a 4 ring cast iron with an adjustable gas regulator.

It's all manual, no pumps; I measure out all the water with a 3 litre plastic jug.

So far it's been pretty good; no real failures to speak of.

The only issues are:
- if it's windy the burner blows out, and
- The mash tun valve connection is a bit leaky (my fault)

So I'm looking for everyone's thoughts and suggestions on how to improve. The next upgrade I was considering was a new mash tun, but I'm not sure what other options there are.

IMAG0710.jpg
IMAG0711.jpg
IMAG0712.jpg
IMAG0713.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics of your setup Cosh, I want to advance from my current BIAB setup and a setup such as yours looks like an achievable goal.

Did you weld up the trolley yourself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crusty said:
My new rig turned up yesterday morning.
This was a gift from my Mum who passed away in October this year.
It certainly reignited my passion for brewing & I am looking forward to finally being able to do double batches.
There is no doubt about the quality of these units, they are extremely well built & the attention to detail is second to none.
I will be getting the 20lt Malt Pipe for experimental beers after Christmas. Looking forward to the first double batch of DSGA.

Braumeister - 50lt

attachicon.gif
20131220_192458.jpg
What an awesome gift!!! I'm so sorry about to hear about your mum. I lost my mother in April this year, she went from being perfectly seemingly healthy last Christmas to being diagnosed with cancer in Jan and she died in April, 13 weeks later. No two ways about it - losing your mother is tough. I hope you brew hundreds of amazing beers on that BM.

Thanks for posting the pics of your setup Cosh, I want to advance from my current BIAB setup and a setup such as yours looks like an achievable goal.

Did you weld up the trolley yourself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
no, my dad did all the welding, I just designed it and cut up the steel. It's all made from shs and galvabond sheeting. Also has lockable castors so I can move it around.

soundawake said:
What an awesome gift!!! I'm so sorry about to hear about your mum. I lost my mother in April this year, she went from being perfectly seemingly healthy last Christmas to being diagnosed with cancer in Jan and she died in April, 13 weeks later. No two ways about it - losing your mother is tough. I hope you brew hundreds of amazing beers on that BM.
Thanks mate.
I am also sorry for your loss & hope you are coping as well as can be expected.
It's a tough time & was especially so on Christmas day. It has left a massive void in our lives as it would be in yours.
All the best.
Cheers

where do you get these 50L kegs to convert to HLT/Boiler? A lot of people seem to have them.

Ta

You can buy them ready made from Keg King as well.

Not all 50L kegs are legally acquired (or of questionable legality), but some are. It's a matter of being careful with what you buy.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
You can buy them ready made from Keg King as well.

Not all 50L kegs are legally acquired (or of questionable legality), but some are. It's a matter of being careful with what you buy.
I'll just throw this out there again: (full) 50 litre kegs for sale: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/67524-ebay-v5/page-328#entry1125323

I'm keen but don't need 6. Might help out a few brewers who have posted here about kegs (plus myself obviously :D )

I questioned the legality of owning those kegs in my post in that thread. No mention of it of the auction itself, but I'd assume the buyer would legitimately own them. Mods, if it's inappropriate to re-post this here, apologies and please remove my post.

squirt in the turns said:
I'll just throw this out there again: (full) 50 litre kegs for sale: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/67524-ebay-v5/page-328#entry1125323

I'm keen but don't need 6. Might help out a few brewers who have posted here about kegs (plus myself obviously :D )

I questioned the legality of owning those kegs in my post in that thread. No mention of it of the auction itself, but I'd assume the buyer would legitimately own them. Mods, if it's inappropriate to re-post this here, apologies and please remove my post.
i would be keen on at least one, depending on what the final cost was. Keep me posted

Here is my brewstand. Will grind the welds back and probably powdercoat or paint with high temp paint.been a while since I welded. And stick welded too so pretty rough. But it will look alright when its done. Setting up a brutus style rig with a bcs. Got most of the gear but on the hunt for some pumps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n30xyue20bbss9e/20140127_171001.jpg

djar007 said:
Here is my brewstand. Will grind the welds back and probably powdercoat or paint with high temp paint.been a while since I welded. And stick welded too so pretty rough. But it will look alright when its done. Setting up a brutus style rig with a bcs. Got most of the gear but on the hunt for some pumps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n30xyue20bbss9e/20140127_171001.jpg
Much cleaner than my stick welds, the big reason I haven't built a brewstand yet. I am so much better with a mig, but don't have one.

Looks good djar, mines of a similar design and you could park a truck on it. I painted mine in pressure pack high temp enamel but couldn't fully cure the whole thing. The paints still fairly hard wearing though. If I was to do it again I'd go down the powder coating route (actually I'd go stainless but couldn't warrant the cost back then!).

Latest posts

Back