Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh looking forward to my 1st batch. If you look closely there is a suction duct between the two lights. Lill bit piss weak but better than nothing.

Long time lurker, occasional poster and I just thought I'd chuck up a couple pics of the ghetto brew rig and brew gear I've been using for a while now. It's had a few evolutions over time and is now a 4V HERMS. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1444722831.342470.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1444722879.426306.jpg

haha, they're not labels, it's just permanent marker
DE8ECE0B-8AF2-4606-9FCF-71B26A8D0D41.jpg

A few more pics now I've got photobucket working.

The idea is to setup a new rig capable of putting out 50L batches so I can fill my 45L ball lock kegs in one batch. I'll recycle some fittings and be moving it all onto the stainless bench I've put on castors. The current steel bench was supposed to be my grinding bench, but I got distracted and needed something to mount the brew rig on.

7F6429D8-6A79-4F6C-9D9D-752B8123709A.jpg

Bar
FCF8FDDC-F6DD-4882-A2F1-5D0B7CA29B80.jpg

Excuse the Drys, some mates just like drinking sparkling water
05BD0D11-522D-44AA-8A43-131D5F2601F4.jpg

Hells bells, if your calling that ghetto,can we have a tour when you build something you call "good". Nice work!

rockeye84 said:
Yeh looking forward to my 1st batch. If you look closely there is a suction duct between the two lights. Lill bit piss weak but better than nothing.
Thats pretty piss poor. I dont know how you can live with yourself. I can see that duct from a mile away lol. Theres a reason why i havnt ppsted my "rig" before :D

officially 4v herms this sunday brew day :beerbang:
soon the bike lift will go and a stainless brew bench on wheels will come

then...that's it..no more stuff... :ph34r:

Pretty!

Droid, do you have a fridge or upright freezer for the fermentor yet? Ambient ferment?
Also wondering if you're planning a pump to get the wort into the cylindro-conical vessel if you choose a fridge/ temp-controlled fermentation chamber?

hi Les,

oh yeah there is one other thing to buy... :ph34r:

...there are two fridges going at the mo and one has 40ltrs of lager fermenting in a 50ltr keg and the other has 40ltrs (2x20ltr kegs) of lager conditioning. The conditioning fridge doubles as a serving fridge so around 3or4 deg of whatever in a 20ltr keg on tap eh

neither fridge will accept the conical's size, so for now it'll be working with the seasons in a pantry in the middle of the house - the plan is a 60ltr APA this weekend and then leading up to Christmas maybe a Wheat, then into the hotter months - some Saisons and at some point a bigger commercial fridge to get cracking on lagers ((coz i'm loving them...)) And of course it'll be getting cooler anyway by then haha and I wont need the fridge so much - <insert :huh: >​ fridge arrives in winter...

The conical will stay out in the shed to be cleaned and sanitised with everything else then taken into the pantry on brew day. I'll gravity feed through the chiller from kettle (but can pump) and fill a 20ltr cube, then go and dump that 20ltr in the conical and come back and repeat. Not too much of a drama and might be enough aeration from that to not bother with the fish-tank pump/stone thingy

once fermented then bring a pump inside to transfer to 20ltr kegs - bob's your uncle:chug:

oh if you were wondering more about putting an empty conical in the fridge but then how do you fill it if it's high in the fridge with no room? - pump up through the outlet

Mardoo said:
You mean like drop the lift to scissor it in? ;)
I think that he means to chain it in with a padlock so people wont reach past all the shiny stainless stuff to pinch it.

Could be wrong though.

sp0rk said:
So do I :(
Didn't have much choice, it's where the mrs got allocated a teaching job as part of her scholarship
I'm sure going to miss the top notch riding trails here in Coffs (I'm still living here working until I find something down there)

OT but there are some trails in Singleton or if you want to venture further there is Glenrock, killingworth and awaba around Newcastle or Ourimbah (central coast).

Moad said:
OT but there are some trails in Singleton or if you want to venture further there is Glenrock, killingworth and awaba around Newcastle or Ourimbah (central coast).
I've been told to head north to Scone, the hang a right and head to Gundy, Timor and the other spots up through Barrington

Back