Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotcha. Thanks but if the tradie pays $200, do I get it, or the site? Looks like the latter which doesn't rate with me?
Site is now suddenly offline too??

another chance to resolve. i hope you mean get your money back. i wouldnt let that guy
go anywhere near my pot again.

Yes. No chance of that. Refund or an independent assessment/repair/bill from someone who knows what they're doing is what I intend to ask for.
Though this guy seems quite prepared to tough it out to steal from me at present. I'm a dog with a bone though, not letting it slide.
If you can't do the job, don't take it. If you make a mess of it, then be a man about it and take responsibility. Disgusted.

You may also try threatening the small claims tribunal, or equivalent in your state.

good call bonj, its a pita for them to take time out of their day and be faced with losses awarded ontop of that.
last time i was there i think it cost $60 to have case heard, which ended up being awarded back to me(defendant had to pay).

Cheers. Taken it to NSW Fair Trading. I'll let them decide. Quite happy to waste his time, seems like the least I can do.
Won't name and shame in case it prejudices that process, but will keep it in reserve and strongly recommend avoiding tigwelding dot com dot au.

Yep, small claims often makes them think twice about trying to hold out. Talk to Fair Trading and get some advice from them first, they'll give you good advice as to whether you have a case. Then take it back to Mr Tigweld and threaten to take it to small claims if he doesn't refund or pay for repair. Often they'll give in at that point, but don't be afraid to book a small claims hearing if he doesn't.

Spoken to Fair Trading. Followed their directions to the letter. Assembled multiple pieces of evidence, emails/photos/voicemails etc.
The next stage for me is the $37 NSW Tribunal Lodgement fee.

In the meantime he has taken his website offline and disconnected his mobile phone! Pathetic!
I've got a full grab of the website as well prior to its "sudden disappearance."

I've also got a nice collection of shots from his Facebook collection, the moron. Let alone his ABN and other registered business details.

I feel like I've already wasted more of his time and money than if he'd have just faced up to his second-rate work in the first place but I've got a fair way to go until I'm done with him.

The downside is no brewing at all at the moment. A wasted Easter break :( My annual lambic still just a dream sat in bags of grain in the cupboard too.

I'd appreciate advice from anyone with metalworking skills as to what the options are with a socket with ruined internal threads. Can the whole socket be ground off and replaced/patched? Or is it stuffed? In which case I'll be seeking replacement cost compensation.

I wouldn't be doing anything with it apart from getting quotes for repair. Actually changing anything could put you in a bad position later on.

Here's a pic of my 4v herms build. Almost finished, just need to add some silicone hose, pump shields, RO water filter and a scale for the sight glass. Will be using stc1000's for the electric elements for now until I gain the know how to build a decent control unit with PIDs. Thanks to all those brewers who contribute their knowledge and experience on this site. And to those same brewers a big 'fark off' from my wife who could have had her new bathroom by now. :D

20130405_180324 resize.jpg

Must have spent some hrs and elbow grease on those kegs......shiny..........mmmmm...........

Camo6 said:
Here's a pic of my 4v herms build. Almost finished, just need to add some silicone hose, pump shields, RO water filter and a scale for the sight glass. Will be using stc1000's for the electric elements for now until I gain the know how to build a decent control unit with PIDs. Thanks to all those brewers who contribute their knowledge and experience on this site. And to those same brewers a big 'fark off' from my wife who could have had her new bathroom by now. :D

attachicon.gif
20130405_180324 resize.jpg
that is lookin, bloody awesome!

browndog said:
Must have spent some hrs and elbow grease on those kegs......shiny..........mmmmm...........
Yeah, with all the hours I've spent in the backyard SWMBO has allowed my arms to become very efficient. :unsure:

Brewrig almost finished. Gave it a 'pre' trial run and have a few leaks to attend to.

Also not happy with plumbing arrangement at hex in. When disconnecting, the wort return siphons back through the coil making a mess. Will probably spend the extra dough and get a three way tap.

Am I overlooking a simpler solution?

Otherwise all seemed ok. Hex ramp seemed adequate. HLT kegking element (early one) didn't blow up straight away. Kaixin pumps worked beautifully though the MLT one was hard to prime. That's more taps I have to buy.

Now to find the time to brew. Kegs are empty and the only thing in the 'cellar' is a barleywine I'm trying not to touch (much).

And before anyone mentions the names on the kegs, I tried to return them to their rightful owners but they didn't want em as some bugger had cut the tops out of them. :ph34r:

20130406_131922 resize.jpg

20130406_140611 resize.jpg

wow,that is a very shmick looking rig.obviously a lot of work has gone in to it and a lot of brews to come out of it.well done ...cheers..spog..

Camo6 said:
Brewrig almost finished. Gave it a 'pre' trial run and have a few leaks to attend to.

Also not happy with plumbing arrangement at hex in. When disconnecting, the wort return siphons back through the coil making a mess. Will probably spend the extra dough and get a three way tap.

Otherwise all seemed ok. Hex ramp seemed adequate. HLT kegking element (early one) didn't blow up straight away. Kaixin pumps worked beautifully though the MLT one was hard to prime. That's more taps I have to buy.

Now to find the time to brew. Kegs are empty and the only thing in the 'cellar' is a barleywine I'm trying not to touch (much).

And before anyone mentions the names on the kegs, I tried to return them to their rightful owners but they didn't want em as some bugger had cut the tops out of them. :ph34r:

attachicon.gif

attachicon.gif
Thats a good looking rig Camo.
Is that an RO water filter on the end?
If it is, where did you get it and how much did it cost, if you dont mind.

Cheers

Camo6 said:

attachicon.gif

attachicon.gif
Thats an amazing setup mate. Very nice and neat. A real showpiece.

Thanks all for compliments. Yeah a bit of time went into it but most of that was R&D. Makes you appreciate the articles section and dedicated threads. With all the conflicting personalities on this site threads can get a bit backlogged with BS. I can understand why some find it easier to start a new thread than sift thru 34 pages of opinions, and we all know what they say about opinions. Regardless, there is so much common sense, experience and ingenuity on this site that it sometimes makes up for the glut of self opinionated crap that tends to tie up threads. Oops, I'm ranting. Serves me right for digging into the barleywine before it was matured.

@Dicko, the RO system was acquired from ebay from Magneticworld for $128 inc del from qld. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251123261075?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 Thanks to Malted for the link. Nice solid bit of kit. Still waiting for a replacement inlet JG fitting damaged in transit but Ian was very quick to reply and express post a new one last Friday.

Camo, what is the size of your hex? Ie how many litres?

Also what ramp speed do you get?

Hey Camo,

Vessel size was about 4 to 4.5l I think. Trialed hex a while ago and was getting about 1.3c per minute recirc'ing water at full flow. Will do a final trial hopefully next weekend.

Latest posts

Back