Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably wouldn't call it a cave - more like an open air brewing area. Given that I am a simple kit brewer I don't need a lot of gear or space. It is much more enjoyable doing it outside than indoors.

Here is a rough sink I plumbed out the back of the shed.

Yesterday's brewing effort - gotta love the Queensland winter !!! :icon_cheers:

Then it's off to the fermenting fridge for a couple of weeks of climate control.

While I kick back with a home brew and enjoy some sport (which unfortunately was the bloody olympics yesterday). :icon_chickcheers: :icon_drunk:

And of course, we all need a brewing assistant.....

I know it's not very exciting compared to some other examples shown but it keeps me in beer :beerbang:

hay Wal... for a more consistent temp between the 2 FV's in that fridge, you could move your sensor between the two fv's so that its kind of touching both.

You know averages and all that... Ive been meaning to install a fan in my fridge for... well... about a year now :rolleyes:

:icon_cheers:

@Wal05..mate what are you talking about? Its always exciting when its a brew area, cave or otherwise. I know I'm envious that I cant brew outside like you can.

Good one. Great brewing assistant too. :icon_cheers:

hay Wal... for a more consistent temp between the 2 FV's in that fridge, you could move your sensor between the two fv's so that its kind of touching both.

You know averages and all that... Ive been meaning to install a fan in my fridge for... well... about a year now :rolleyes:

:icon_cheers:

Good idea - I might just do that when I get home tonight.

@Wal05..mate what are you talking about? Its always exciting when its a brew area, cave or otherwise. I know I'm envious that I cant brew outside like you can.

Good one. Great brewing assistant too. :icon_cheers:

Yeah it's pretty good outside - get to play with the kids at the same time!!!

Sometimes I could give the assistant away though :rolleyes:

My 'water treatment center' and hoses....

IMG_0277.jpg

A look at my brewery from the other door

IMG_0281.jpg

The Actual brewery

IMG_0278.jpg

My awesome cutsom range hood with 'weed' grade hydroponics exhaust fan...

IMG_0279.jpg

And finally my brewing assistant

IMG_0283.jpg
**** mate your setup is tight!

Every home brewery needs a bar in the garage. This one took about 12 months working weekends. It is my interpretation of a 1920's American style Art Deco bar - technically a speakeasy as it was prohibition days for them in the 20's

IMG_1801.JPG

nice bar... hotdogs and a side of fries with ketchup wouldn't be ouuta place there

that is farkin amazing labels
though you need to ditch the Gordons and get something nicer like Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire (Tanqueray 10 if you've got the funds) :p

that is farkin amazing labels
though you need to ditch the Gordons and get something nicer like Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire (Tanqueray 10 if you've got the funds) :p

The spirits are for the non beer drinkers, I hardly touch them so expensive stuff is money wasted.

Forgot to mention, the door at the back of the photo leads to a fully tiled bathroom, lucky to get a stack of tiles cheap and Grays online got me curved glass shower unit which is just showing off really.

That bar would put some hotel's bars to shame. Fantastic well done epic.

Hands down labels..... that place is ******* awesome!! I would love to be there now sipping a nice home brewed beverage

Every home brewery needs a bar in the garage. This one took about 12 months working weekends. It is my interpretation of a 1920's American style Art Deco bar - technically a speakeasy as it was prohibition days for them in the 20's
8 stools? You got alot of mates. haha

Hands down labels..... that place is ******* awesome!! I would love to be there now sipping a nice home brewed beverage

Always plenty of that happening, got 3 x 50L on the ferment at the moment, a US style lager, a Bohemian lager and a non-aligned to any particular country lager - International you might say

Latest posts

Back