Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's not that far north of Adelaide, if I am ever driving through that way I will be stopping! I just want to sit at your bar for a beer labels, geez, I have some work to do on mine.

bus.jpg

This is not exactly my Brew cave but figured this is as good of a place to post it instead on a new thread. We had some down time at work so i built this bar to sell (it may be gone already :p)

522392_10151111761767947_1366020745_n.jpg

The actual bar top has been sealed with a cabinet makers wax and the rest sealed with a water based clear coat.
Oh and it was built from *Old Pallets* destined for the tip and fire pits :beerbang:

Great looking bar there Bruce. Good to see recycling at hand aswell. I have some old Oak staves that were used for winemaking that I will one day turn into a bar top. This has spurred a bit of motivation :)

Yep, beautiful looking timber there bruce, it's a shame you're located on the other side of the country otherwise I would be hitting you up for a bar build for me :)

Glad to have helped spur the creativity Pokol!
And Phoney feel free to fly me and the family over for a working holiday :p
The timber turned out amazing colour and held together surprisingly well for such weathered material. It was a mission though to keep twists out of it and it shows in some joins but that is ok it sort of adds to the feel of it. there are nail holes all through it as every single piece came from a pallet but it all adds character. I have already started sourcing more pallets in order to do more of this stuff at work.
Thanks for the great feedback guys.
cheers Bruce

stirling effort, tis to drool on indeed..

Here I am happy as a pig in shit that Ive just today got the Net in the Brewcave... no bar as yet but that thing is inspirational.. Im really shit with timber though so when I do get to making one dont expect it to look that nice <_< top effort indeed

Nice looking workspace too there mate.. I get a bit misty for a big shed :lol:

Well after a few months off from brewing to move house Im finally moved in and setup my new brew cave on the weekend.
Ive gone from a single garage to a double garage so shit loads of room for brewing.

I just need to slot my kegerator in there somewhere and Im good to go. Looking forward to getting some brews done before xmas. :beer:

IMG_3637.JPG

Nice work there Truman. I am envious of your garage. I all have here is a tiny balcony and a wardrobe full of grain! I'd love a garage. Perhaps I'll move...

ps - :icon_offtopic: how did your Epic clone turn out?

Nice work there Truman. I am envious of your garage. I all have here is a tiny balcony and a wardrobe full of grain! I'd love a garage. Perhaps I'll move...

ps - :icon_offtopic: how did your Epic clone turn out?

Yeh not bad at all. It was my first ever beer put into a keg and force carbed. Maybe just a tad to bitter, but still I enjoyed drinking it. Im thinking of doing the single hop IPA from the recipe in beer and brewer magazine. I think its from the brewer at Seven sheds.

Yeah, tell me about moving house :p

Finally got everything just-so. Not as flash as many setups but this double garage is just made for a pocket BIAB brewhouse - in its own little alcove with 2 power points. God has arranged for the inspection hatch to be right where I need it for the skyhook pulley.

old_bar_brewcave_1.jpg

A neat feature is the drive-through garage with remote door at front but a roller door at the back which opens out onto the proposed beer and curry garden. SWMBO's art bench is crying out to be converted to a serving counter / bar - she has already been well bribed with a new kitchen fridge so I now have a dedicated hop / yeast / frozen curry ingredients fridge just off to one side.

old_bar_brewcave_4.jpg

old_bar_brewcave_3.jpg

I've also solved my mill glitches, the new high torque drill and the "pirate walk the plank" setting for the Marga is great, the goods just fall down into the bowl and a quick clean up afterwards.

old_bar_brewcave_2.jpg

Those Bunnings shelves are the shiz, are they not?

Under the stairs. Yes its a mess, and yes only kits n bits currently.

77B92297-9CD1-4F69-97B5-251832992271-7995-0000051B2090700D.jpg

68A8477F-C316-48C3-BE7C-218434BBA0BA-7995-0000051B2C32AE0A.jpg

And the bar I bought for cheap. (pics from ad)
Kinda stuck for room atm, so its just sitting off to the side wall under the stairs as well.
Considering sanding back the pine panels and staining them? Unsure how I'd go about sanding the joins tho.

bar.jpg

bar2.jpg

Back