Show Us Your Brew Cave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 - filling up the hallway linen cupboard did it for me.
Great idea for storing all the VB bottles my brother saves for me.
I will stack horizontally and try and take a photo. Prob be able to fill it 2 bottles deep, floor to ceiling.

Was looking at the space under my house (storage area about 5X7 m) with my fiancee yesterday and she sez, "This would be a good brew area and you could put all your bottles and beer and stuff (kegs, I assume) in here. Just need to get the floor concreted". I was flabbergasted. No wonder I adore that girl!

Les

Was looking at the space under my house (storage area about 5X7 m) with my fiancee yesterday and she sez, "This would be a good brew area and you could put all your bottles and beer and stuff (kegs, I assume) in here. Just need to get the floor concreted". I was flabbergasted. No wonder I adore that girl!

When mine said the same thing about doing up the garage into a Man Cave I had the same reaction...and they wonder why guys don't understand girls LMAO always surprising!!

Great idea for storing all the VB bottles my brother saves for me.
I will stack horizontally and try and take a photo. Prob be able to fill it 2 bottles deep, floor to ceiling.

Les

She's a keeper.

@triache - my condolences mate. I've got 3 of my own - one pretty sick on a permanent basis (though not immediately life threatening) - hurts like hell to see 'em like that (SWMBO or kids), I hope you get all the therapy you need in brewing, and you gain the strength to support her in this time of need.

Goomba

LOL I know, old school as anything!! Anyone dabbled in making their own?

yep, you'll see the pic is eerily similar

HPIM0098.jpg

@triache - my condolences mate. I've got 3 of my own - one pretty sick on a permanent basis (though not immediately life threatening) - hurts like hell to see 'em like that (SWMBO or kids), I hope you get all the therapy you need in brewing, and you gain the strength to support her in this time of need.

Goomba

Tis a tough time but like I tell her daily we will get there

yep, you'll see the pic is eerily similar

View attachment 55693

And you got this where!?!?! :eek:

tricache, my heart goes out to you and yours mate, been through similar situation and wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. Seems like you are in the right head space though, one day at a time and eventually things seem a bit better.
On the other side of the coin, we are now parents to beautiful 19 month old twins and whilst it's crazy some days we wouldn't have it any other way!

+1 on the bottles everywhere, kegging system is on the card for later this year. A half barrel at the back door full of bottles soaking is a 3-4 times a day reminder that kegging is tidier (in the eyes of SWMBO)
Only down side is it will mean walking to shed to get beer.

I just bought the bits and pieces I needed then accepted the crap I had to put up with shortime from SWMBO. A day or so in the dog house is well worth it imo.

It is easier to be forgiven than to seek permission!!

Did the same thing with a 25k Harley a couple of months ago. Can still hear the conversation..

"Well is it practical?"

"What do you mean, can i go and cut firewood or do the shopping? No."

"I mean is it a chopper?"

"Yes it's a chopper"

"Does it have a backseat?"

"No. It doesn't have a back seat."

GoldenSilenceForDaysPunkin

Les

Don't be fooled Les, she just wants all your beer crap out of her sight!!

She will truly see the light when she doesn't trip over all your empties around the house...

Cheers

BDB

Howdy Brewers,

nice breweries to see here.
I didnt post so much lately here on AHB, because weve moved to our new house. After some renovations around the new (old) house, I found time to build my new brewery.

Here some photos of the new playground:

644.JPG

The brewing process is completely computer controlled
641.JPG

left side: capper and counterpressurefiller
640.JPG

the fueling station
638.JPG

Prost/Cheers

German engineering at its finest Zwickel , a thing of beauty.

Looks fantastic mate! Well done :icon_cheers:

:eek:

I repeat.....

:eek:

Fosters sign at the door?

XXXX gold sign on the wall?????

Zwickel.................. Oh dear.

Mate......... thats kinda like living in Islay, building an awsome bar and putting bundy rum signs up

oh dear

Edit....... but....... has great well traveled feel! I get the feeling you were aiming for an aussie beach house?

Howdy Brewers,

nice breweries to see here.
I didnt post so much lately here on AHB, because weve moved to our new house. After some renovations around the new (old) house, I found time to build my new brewery.

Here some photos of the new playground:

View attachment 55704
Absolutely beautiful, so German!

The brewing process is completely computer controlled
View attachment 55705
And soooo Zwickel!!

left side: capper and counterpressurefiller
View attachment 55706

the fueling station
View attachment 55707

Prost/Cheers

Nice to hear from you again, say hi to Mrs Zwickle

That's it....I'm not playing this game !!!

There are man caves in frickin' Somalia that are better than mine !

Things must/will change.... <_<

zwickle how do you turn your pc on and put cds in it when its facing the wall :p

Nice job BTW

Latest posts

Back