Show Us Your Beer Engines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez gino, how many do ya need!! haha. Are you bringing one tomorrow??

Just scored 2 more engines!!!

They are in fairly good nick Will give them a good clean etc when I get a little time. I'll post a pic when all three engines are lined up and shiny

Cheers

addict_button.jpg

Will this real ale fest be doing a national tour CTK?

I keep telling my brother that each time he comes back to visit from the UK that he is required to bring me a beer engine.

Imagine a bar lined with these things. :super:

For the last couple of years "Real Ale Fest" has been a key feature of the Illawarra Brewers Union calendar

Real ale is carbed up in casks (aka plastic cubes) and pumped from the tap on the cube through a beer engine

This was extremely popular amongst the IBU's and many members have jumped aboard the beer engine craze, even to the point where there were more beer engines attending Real Ale Fests than IBU's

This has since been curbed... somewhat

As an IBU astutely pointed out we are actually holding "Beer Engine Fests" where as in England at Real Ale Fests beer is normally dispensed directly from casks lifted onto a bar

I believe FGZ has been transporting the IBU engine about outside the Illawarra

I'm sure a discussion about beer engine world domination will ensue tomorrow at Big Ray's Big Brew Day and I'll get back to you when we have ironed out a national tour

Cheers

Just scored 2 more engines!!!

They are in fairly good nick

Will give them a good clean etc when I get a little time

I'll post a pic when all three engines are lined up and shiny

Cheers

Nice score there CTK, is that Howmark quarter pint on the end? Looks a bit like mine but smaller.

cheers

grant

OK these arrived today, as yet I have not even cleaned them up, far too excited !

beer_engine_003.jpg

I have hooked them up to a bucket of water and both work great, one has that sparkler thing other does not. I also have the brackets that hold a drip tray I suppose.
I would like to see a few pics if anyone else has a 'Hi-Gene' complete with the tray, and perhaps pick your brain a little regards set up.

Bragging over

Batz

Nice stuff Batz!

... are these little bad boys gonna see some action in a couple of weeks :wub:

OK these arrived today, as yet I have not even cleaned them up, far too excited !

View attachment 41743

I have hooked them up to a bucket of water and both work great, one has that sparkler thing other does not. I also have the brackets that hold a drip tray I suppose.
I would like to see a few pics if anyone else has a 'Hi-Gene' complete with the tray, and perhaps pick your brain a little regards set up.

Bragging over

Batz

omg ... so jealous ........ i want one .. or two ... or three......

Nice stuff Batz!

... are these little bad boys gonna see some action in a couple of weeks :wub:

It would be a rough temporary set up with perhaps a Scottish Ale, but hey if you guys are keen I'll give it a go.

Batz

Bloody oath!!! (and you won't see me write that very often ;) )

... you don't have real casks and correct temperatures do you?

View attachment 41743

Bragging over

Batz

VERY NICE BATZ WHERE AND HOW DID YOU GET THEM i WOULD LOVE 1 IN THE NEW HOUSE

View attachment 41743

Bragging over

Batz
Hello Batz,

One of my pumps is a Hi Gene . I am happy for you to PM me.

Regards

Graeme

Bloody oath!!! (and you won't see me write that very often ;) )

... you don't have real casks and correct temperatures do you?

Mmmmm, no

So how do you dispense from a keg ... or do you put the beer in a polypin?

So how do you dispense from a keg ... or do you put the beer in a polypin?

Page #11 Post 219 by cdbrown, looks good to me.

Batz

Latest posts

Back