Show Us Your Beer Engines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Settle Sav, (he's probably out the back paddock mustering some hippies).

Out in the back paddock slashing Perry and Sav. Mate I was very lucky and happened across someone in Brissy selling them, I had given up all hope of ever owning one myself. Have said this I have learned their are a couple in a second shop in Esk, best ring first.

Batz

AFAIK polypins are not available in Australia

you can buy plastic collapsible water bags from Bunnings that look nearly exactly like polypins. I believe they work exactly the same as well.

QUOTE (Shed101 @ Oct 29 2010, 07:16 PM) *
So how do you dispense from a keg ... or do you put the beer in a polypin?

Page #11 Post 219 by cdbrown, looks good to me.

Batz

If you get a check valve like this one Batz:

checkvalve.jpeg

you can connect straight to a regular corny without having to alter the lid.

I got one from Barley Belly & it works a treat.

If you get a check valve like this one Batz:

View attachment 41751

you can connect straight to a regular corny without having to alter the lid.

I got one from Barley Belly & it works a treat.

The suction line is 1/2", I would have thought reducing it down to the pick up tube would cause problems.

Batz

The suction line is 1/2", I would have thought reducing it down to the pick up tube would cause problems.

Batz

doesn't appear to as it works fine

edit - If you have a look at Cortez' pic on page 11 at post#206 he has one installed as well.

you would think that with the number of these getting around now one of our site sponsers would have all the bits on hand ...

Would love too have a beer engine setup one day ..

cheers

Another bloke who'd have some ideas on keg/handpump setups is Ashley Huntington of 2 Metre Tall Brewery in Tassie.

He fits handpumps in some of the pubs there. Not sure how he does it, but this might be useful info. to someone.

... one day i'll be doing it, but I don't get through enough beer to set things up properly. Perhaps if I had a spare fridge I could set at 10c with a 'caskalike' system.

you would think that with the number of these getting around now one of our site sponsers would have all the bits on hand ...

cheers

I'am amazed Mark's Home Brew doesn't stock this stuff, he's got everything else that a bit different.

Batz

Out in the back paddock slashing Perry and Sav. Mate I was very lucky and happened across someone in Brissy selling them, I had given up all hope of ever owning one myself. Have said this I have learned their are a couple in a second shop in Esk, best ring first.

Batz

Thanks batz

I'am amazed Mark's Home Brew doesn't stock this stuff, he's got everything else that a bit different.

Batz

Mark does stock stuff for them, he also sells reconditions ones as well.

\going to my local hb shop tomorrow hoping he will have a sparkler
Was given a sparkler by Cliff the shop owner so tried a few pints with and without. Have to say although the sparkler creates a magnificent head there is a definite noticeable loss of flavor. So personally I will always choose flavor over presentation, still a decent looking pint with a fair head.

I was quoted this, price in in UK pounds

Nozzle 2.20 each
Trays 2.40 each
Check valve 16 each
Thanks
Marcus

I have also PMed Mark and some of our sponsors to see if they carry this gear as well, no answers as yet.

Batz

I was quoted this, price in in UK pounds

Nozzle 2.20 each
Trays 2.40 each
Check valve 16 each

I have also PMed Mark and some of our sponsors to see if they carry this gear as well, no answers as yet.

Batz

The answer you seek was posted a few messages back - NNL Brewery Supplies stocks handpumps, casks and all the accessories. We supplied Little Creatures, Coopers, Holgate, Wig & Pen and the Sydney and Melbourne Taphouses.

We have the following items in stock at the following prices ($ Australian)

Nozzle $3 each
Trays $8 each
Check valve $55 each

I no longer accept PM's from AHB due to the past abuse received, but you can see our products in the attached price list. Please Contact Us for more information.

David

View attachment Cask_Dispense.pdf

I went to BYB house, he just had a hose in a freshly chilled ESB fermenter. Most memorable beer ive ever had.

Just a couple pics on how simple it can be setting up. BTW that's not me in the photo. (I'm just a tad uglier :lol: but not by much)

IMG_0152.JPG

KHB having a pull <_< so to speak :lol:

IMG_0147.JPG

Great head

:icon_chickcheers:
BYB

anyone considering bringing one to the sa case swap?

The answer you seek was posted a few messages back - NNL Brewery Supplies stocks handpumps, casks and all the accessories. We supplied Little Creatures, Coopers, Holgate, Wig & Pen and the Sydney and Melbourne Taphouses.

We have the following items in stock at the following prices ($ Australian)

Nozzle $3 each
Trays $8 each
Check valve $55 each

I no longer accept PM's from AHB due to the past abuse received, but you can see our products in the attached price list. Please Contact Us for more information.

David

Thanks David will order from you today.

Batz

Back