Seem To Have A Problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob58

Reaction score
Gents I seem to have a problem
9 days ago I PUT DOWN A QUICK BREW From a sponser of this site
The start gravity was 1040 and used the yeast supplyed temputer range 15-25c has been fermenting a 18-20c After 8days the gravity read is only down to 1020and has been steady for three days Have I killed the yeast any segestionson what to do next Repitch another yeast or what
Cheers Bob

1020 sounds a little high - have you tried:

1. Giving the fermentor a gentle swirl?
2. Racking it to a secondary vessel?
3. Raising the temp slightly to say 22 degrees?

It is likely you have a stuck ferment.

cheers.

^yep

And just because it wasn't stated explicitly above - it is quite unlikely that you have killed your yeasties, bob.

Quick question - what yeast is it exactly? Might be one with a reputation for finishing very slowly.

^yep

And just because it wasn't stated explicitly above - it is quite unlikely that you have killed your yeasties, bob.

Quick question - what yeast is it exactly? Might be one with a reputation for finishing very slowly.

The brew is the aussie pils the yeast used is the one supplyed with the brew Ezybrew lager yaest range 15-25c 11.5Grm in 23 lts

cheers.

I have shaken the fermenter don't realy want to rack to another fermenter raising the tempture could be a good option to see if it will fement a bit quicker
Bob

Check your Hydrometer for accuracy..

Mines out a good 4 points..

Back